Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy cow that took forever!!! I always washed/waxed my previous cars (two Audi A4's, 350Z, Pathfinder, ML350) which would not take that long. I understand the Ody is a mini van and it is much larger, but I just did not expect what I got myself into.

I was not able to safely get the roof done to my liking, I have a nice step stool with rounded edges that I got from costco but it was still hard to get to the middle of the roof. I think I am going to have to get one of those paint surface safe wash brushes to do the roof. I did not even bother waxing the roof, I really wish I was able to.

Cleaned the wheels with P21S and then with soap/water using a small wheel brush to get inside the rim. Washed using Adams car wash soap, dried using a waffle MF drying towel. Cleaned windows using Adams window cleaner and put Adams VRT on the tires. I then applied Einszett Glanz synthetic wax to the entire van except for the roof.

I am very happy I was able to do this so I can have the Glanz on the car for the rest of the year. Maybe I will try and get the roof done the next time I wash, or if I maybe bring it to a brushless car wash. Problem with the roof is that it really gets a lot of things stuck on it and it is a huge target for birds.

I actually bought Primo Epic for the Ody, but I had some Glanz left from my last cars so I used that. The reason I used Glanz instead was the drying time, Glanz you only leave on for a few minutes but Epic should stay on for a half an hour, I just did not have that much time to use the Epic. Hopefully next year in the spring I will use that instead.

Before I waxed I put on the door edge guards and body side moldings, I have pics after those installs but not after I waxed!! Doh! I asked wifey to snap some pics of the Ody today so I will have some pics of my hard work.

·
Registered
507 Posts
That is a lot of work. I had Opti Coat put on my car so I can avoid waxing it for a while. It was clayed before they put it on and so now it has added an extra clear coat to the car which will protect the original. Now, I can just wash it with Prima Mystique and put on their Hydro spray with is a quick detailer and spray wax. I also have been using the Armor All wheel protectant which seems to prevent the brake dust from settling on the wheels. It is the only Armor All product I will consider and it works beautifully on the Ody. My wheels look clean until the next time I wash the car.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a lot of work. I had Opti Coat put on my car so I can avoid waxing it for a while. It was clayed before they put it on and so now it has added an extra clear coat to the car which will protect the original. Now, I can just wash it with Prima Mystique and put on their Hydro spray with is a quick detailer and spray wax. I also have been using the Armor All wheel protectant which seems to prevent the brake dust from settling on the wheels. It is the only Armor All product I will consider and it works beautifully on the Ody. My wheels look clean until the next time I wash the car.
That sounds like the smarter thing to do. I have no experience with opticoat, have always waxed my cars the old fashioned way, but with synthetic wax or sealant which last very long.

How much did they charge to apply the opti?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would contact Phile at detailersdomain.com and ask him how much to apply a paint coating such as Optimum Opti Guard that is what I will be applying to my 00 I just picked up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts