Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened to the 07 Odyssey on the highway traveling 70mph. Baseball sized debris flung up from road on way to school/work. What you don't see is the 'crater' buckling in the hood that extends about 6-9" around the impact point. Yes those are gouges in the metal underneath.

Estimated repair from Bodyshop: $900.

·
Registered
249 Posts
:frown: Sorry to hear that !

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yikes! At least no one got hurt. Baseball size chunk flew in the air? dang.

worst I saw was a 4x6' frame made from 1/4" steel I beam laying in the middle of the road, that would total a car!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Wow... must have hit it hard. Lucky that's all it was. :mad:

What color was the object? :huh:

Year or two ago, we noticed freeway traffic swerving around an object ahead, and as we approached, saw it was a built-in dishwasher in the middle of the center lane... upright. The appliance obviously fell off a truck or something. My friend immediately called 911 and reported it, and the 911 operator asked, "where is it," "it's a dishwasher, right?" and the classic... "what color is it?" :tongue:

And my friend said, "What possible difference does it make? It's a dishwasher. It's dishwasher color. It's in the middle of a GD freeway. Somebody's going to die!" :rollingeyes:

We still laugh about that to this day... :DD

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dark brown or black. Maybe a tire chunk, rock or a brake component?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I feel your paint. Last summer I ran over this monster on the road. Its about 12" long by 6.5" tall. I was in my Maxima and thought my front end was gone. Turns out it messed up underside $2.5k worth of repairs and grief later I still shudder to think about that day.
Would love to know WTF that thing is.
Second picture shows some of the damage. You can see the metal was just sliced open. Took out chunks of the tranny bottom cover. I was lucky to walk away in one piece.
good luck,
Max

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts