Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just washed my 02 SS LX for the first time today and noticed how many areas that water seems to accumulate at the bottom of all of the doors, and wondered if anyone else is seeing a similar amount of water after washing.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Oh, yeah!
It seems to drip forever. I've even tried using a leaf blower. It may help a little, but it still doesn't solve the problem. A five mile drive on the freeway is probably the only effective method of getting all of the water out.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Water drips are a "van" thing. The side windows and rear windows are my biggest problem. I always dry all my door edges and openings, along with the rear hatch opening and underside of the hood and all the edges. I have found that I can wring my chamois out really well and then insert a nice dry edge into the bottom edges of the side windows and slide it slowly along, soaking much of the trapped water out. I usually take a ride after the wash and take my chamois or some paper towels along to wipe the drips when I stop. Our water has considerable minerals in it and it essential to get the spots before they dry. Van washing is a chore and, at my age, I am pretty well tired of it. That's why I use my California Car Duster faithfully (only takes about five minutes a day) and, as long as it does not rain, I avoid that tedious chore. I "debug" the front with a wet rag or bug scrubber (good and wet), so I have a clean car for weeks, sometimes.

Jerry O. 2001 GG LX

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jerry O:
That's why I use my California Car Duster faithfully (only takes about five minutes a day) and, as long as it does not rain, I avoid that tedious chore.

Jerry O. 2001 GG LX
</font>
What is a "California Car Duster"?

------------------
------------------
2001 EX-NAVI, SS
1997 Accord EX-L, Forest Green
Previous Hondas:
1992 Accord EX
1982 Accord DX

·
Registered
329 Posts
I washed our Ody for the first time this past weekend.

It took me about 45 minutes to wash and dry. There seemed to be gallons of water pouring out from every seem. I use the Absorber to dry my cars, and I use Jerry O's technique of pushing the edge of the chamios into every door/window/mirror seam.

I also Zaino'd the van after I washed it, and debugging the front bumper and grill is now a snap with a little Z-6 and a soft towel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts