Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for a couple months now water has been collecting in our boot regardless of weather conditions, after it rains we check and no water but then we drive and water is there afterwards??. i do not know where leak is please help!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
What year and model Honda Odyssey do you have and where exactly is the wet area (floor, along one edge-rear,one side or the other......)? Assuming by the boot you mean the tailgate, if water is getting into your tailgate and pooling in it after heavy rain you, under certain conditions can actually see water dripping out of the bottom of the tailgate at the latch when you partially, or even fully open it ( Does yours drip water? ). More specific information is needed to help you.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
In the 1st generation Ody, the taillight could be the source of water entering the rear, where the 3rd seat folds into. The foam gasket material would degrade allowing water to get in.
You don't mention what year your Ody is, I assume it's an RA/RB/RC series with the conventional doors, as opposed to our north americal RL series with the sliding doors.

·
Registered
151 Posts
for a couple months now water has been collecting in our boot regardless of weather conditions, after it rains we check and no water but then we drive and water is there afterwards??. i do not know where leak is please help!!
Gotta Love the mystery posts, LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts