Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Odyssey Touring Elite. its already got 17,900 miles on it.

I have never been a car person so I'm not sure what the best way to take care the paint etc.

I know that I need to do something to preserve the paint. I travel the greater SouthEast US however I do go up north during the summer only.

I have been given a few types of answers. 1 from a car wash company they want about $200 for the detail job and then suggest clean 1-2 x per month and at least monthly for $20. a sillicon spray and buff.

The other is a company that has 45 positive reports on Angies list and he uses Klasse.

What would you guys advise? what should I use for the paint and body. i.e. exterior of the van. Amazon writes highly about Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. also what should I use on the leather and carpets?

Thanks for the advice as soon as possible.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I was in the same debate earlier this week. I was planning to have the car clayed and the polished and waxed twice a year. I had a 2011 Touring I sold with 12K miles and now I have a TE with about 3K miles. I talked to my brother and he said that I should get OptiCoat put on my car and then I won't have to polish and wax it since it adds a second layer of clear coat to the car and protects the first clear coat. Now I will just wash it, and then dry it use Prima auto car's Hydro spary. We also just treated the interior vinyl and leather etc with 303 Aerospace Protectant. This product protects against UV damage. On the front seats I have used Leather Master's cleaner and moisturizer to protect the seats from dye transfer from clothing to the seats.

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
For starters, you should post in correct forums to prevent your thread from getting locked. There are other forums other than the 2011 forum and you should see the detailing forum as people before 2011 model also had the same questions.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Use Collinite 476s or 845IW for your car. These are easy to apply especially 845IW which can be applied to everything including trim.

·
Registered
131 Posts
klass is a sealant and I'm fairly anal on my details. When I put klass on my car, it washed it by hand, then clayed it before I sealed it right after delivery. Since you have driven it for a while, I would wash, clay, polish, wax and then seal. klass is fairly cheap and you're only using an ounce on an entire normal sized vehicle. On the Odyssey I think I used about 1.5 oz just cuz it's a big car.

I would stay clear of the auto washes with anything that touches your car besides the water and soap. Those "scrubbing pads" touch so many filthy cars, your just going to end up with swirls. I drive away from the guys that wants to dry my car for me too. I'm too anal to try and let someone else detail my car for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts