Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on hot to get wax stain off from the plastic parts below the sliding door? I didn't notice that when I put wax on until an hour later, now it has noticeable white mark on it. Please help! Any ideas would be appreciated! Thank You.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
A damp sponge or rag with some Dawn dish washing detergent. The high-alkaline soap should remove the wax. Just don't get the Dawn on the paint, else you will need to re-wax.

------------------
-SJ
(formerly known as shinjohn)
'01 DEP EX, looks stock, for now...

·
Registered
96 Posts
A Mothers poduct called Back-to-Black works well. It's used like a wax. Apply then buff. Nice and easy.

------------------
Chris
99 EX Deep Velvet Blue; Fog Lights; Air Deflector; Splash Guards; Cargo Tray; Cargo Mat

·
Registered
102 Posts
You are going to find this hard to believe, but I've detailed a hundred cars, and a Mars/Staedler eraser available at office supply stores does the best job. Simply erase that monther!! You will find that the other methods work temporarily, the white haze just comes back a couple weeks later.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Try peanut butter on it. I've never tried it but others have successfully. Something about the oils breaks down the wax.

------------------
00 EX - Taffeta White
MacNeil Deflector, Weathertech Mats, Mud Guards, Panavise Phone Holder,
Cheerios and Goldfish on floor and under car seats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts