Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We were thinking about purchasing the WD TV Live Hub Media Center (1 terabyte) instead of carrying DVD and getting them scratched use one media hard drive, and when we travel we can use it with us..

Has anyone tried to use: WD TV Live Hub Media Center used in Odyssey Rear Entert. model (hooking it up into the rear entertainment console by the third row left side (connecting it via composite wire and AUX mode)?

Any suggestions?

Amazon.com: Western Digital WD TV Live Hub 1 TB Media Center: Electronics

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136831&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Hard+Drives+-+External-_-Western+Digital-_-22136831

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the WDHD and was going to test it out in my 06 EX-L. Will let you know it goes, I have it attached to a couple 500gb portable hard drives with a couple hunded HD movies on them. Plus all my DVD`s converted with Dvix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Which WDHD model you have?

Do you have the Honda Rear Entertainment Center or a 3rd party entertainment center in your car? Will you use the rear composite (third row seating area) to connect the media center?What software did you use to convert the DVDs?

I would like to have all the movies in one hard drive and have it portable as we use it at home, car, hotel, familly,....

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have an 06 EX-L with RES. All I need to do to hook it up and is put my inverter in back hooked up to the aux 12 volt port and plug it in. Then use the avi hook-up instead of the in house HDMI. I have the older model WDHD without home networking. I love it for vacations being able to take along our entire video, music, pictures on a couple portable Hard drives. Going to pull out my rear seats today and give it a try.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Awesome, got the rear seats out, wow are they heavy pulling out in one piece. Thought they came apart. Nope.

Anyways, got the inverter hooked up and WDHD all powered up and hooked up the avi cables to my aux port in back. It works like a charm. Had to use the remote from WDHD to work it but everything on the hard drive was accessible. MP3,jpeg,Dvix HD,Regular analog Dvix,WMV,MP4. It all works. This is going to great when we head out vacation in June. Can`t wait now. Don`t need to find a stereo hook-up for my I-Pod Touch now. All the music is my portable hard drive to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts