Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had the rubber weather stripping under the rear wing start coming down and hangin out?

I had this a few months ago, went to my dealer and had them "fix" It is now hangin out again and much to my dismay... it looks like the same piece was pushed back up under the wing with a screwdriver or flat tip..

It's for an oil change anywayz, so the dealer's gonna get an earful when I take it in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yup. Happened about a month ago. I pushed it back up with a screwdriver also. (Do now I qualify as a certified Honda mechanic?) It's still hanging in there. If it drops again I'll be sure to have it documented at the dealer.

·
Registered
331 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GeorgeB:
Yup. Happened about a month ago. I pushed it back up with a screwdriver also. (Do now I qualify as a certified Honda mechanic?) </font>

That's Certified Honda TECHNCIAN

[This message has been edited by robr2 (edited 11-29-2001).]

·
Registered
9 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by djdro34:
Anyone had the rubber weather stripping under the rear wing start coming down and hangin out?

I had this a few months ago, went to my dealer and had them "fix" It is now hangin out again and much to my dismay... it looks like the same piece was pushed back up under the wing with a screwdriver or flat tip..

It's for an oil change anywayz, so the dealer's gonna get an earful when I take it in.
</font>

Same problem here but my dealer replaced the entire spoiler (not the strippings) after a month of waiting for the part (back order!!!). You should ask your dealer to do the same. Good luck

TT

·
Registered
616 Posts
We had the same problem on our 2000 Odyssey LX, purchased 9/1999. I had the dealer fix it. I have no idea what they did, but it has been a good 9 months and the three strips are still up there between the window and the wing.

BrianB

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am waiting for one of those spoilers.
There is a TSB 01-061, part is back ordered due to the larger number of problems. Seal hanging down or spoiler cracked near 3rd brake light. Dealer should fix under warranty.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yep, mine is doing the same thing. The screw driver solution only lasts so long. I'm going to have to resort to adhesives at some point. Any recommendations?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts