Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do like how Weather Tech's look but I also like how Honda's has the matching chrome trim.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't like Honda's because it uses metal clips and double-sided tape. Which in the past (on my friend's Pilot) has deteriorated and caused leaks between the deflector and the door, above the window; making it useless if you want to open a crack while it is raining.

I added WeatherTech ones to our Sienna and my wife loved them. So now that we traded it in, I just ordered the WeatherTech ones for our Odyssey.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree with the above. I bought the OEM deflectors, got them and was the reading the instructions and I was like " No way am I sticking anything on the car".

Weathertech's model allows you to just slide them up (I've used them in the past in my Civic), I just decided to try the OEM ones this time and I'm not putting them on at all.

Now, if you still like the OEM one, I'll sell you the front and rear set. :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
How much do the weathertechs go for online?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ordered a set of WeatherTechs. For front and back with standard shipping came out to $115

·
Registered
161 Posts
For all the fellow WeatherTech owners ... please call their customer service and report the issue with the 2nd row ones being too long.

I just called them and she told me I was the first person who called about an issue with them. She insisted that I watch the video on how to install them. After several minutes of convincing, she asked me to measure the windows and send her the measurements (which I have to do tomorrow, since it started to pour outside).

So if we all call them, they maybe replace our defective ones with corrected ones.

WeatherTech's phone number is 800-441-6287 select option 2.

[sorry for the cross-posting, but I wanted fellow owners to know of the issue]

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just installed mine today. The front were pretty easier. The rear looked like sticking out away from the window when I installed it. When I closed the windows up and down, it "settled" into place. It did have a loud sound, somewhat like cracking noise for the rear. I was concerned, but it looked ok. I will have to check on it later again.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just installed mine today. The front were pretty easier. The rear looked like sticking out away from the window when I installed it. When I closed the windows up and down, it "settled" into place. It did have a loud sound, somewhat like cracking noise for the rear. I was concerned, but it looked ok. I will have to check on it later again.
I installed these in my previous 2 vehicles and it's disturbing to hear those sounds. Like you said, they need to "seat" themselves in but it's tight, very tight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That cracking sound was the front part actually breaking. I just installed mine last night. I had to take the pieces out. My
Left side cracked in front of the adhesive tape but it's the top that pretty much keeps it secure. But so far so good.

·
Registered
301 Posts
One of two things will most likely happen, the piece breaks/cracks or the rubber molding that is being pushed will rip/break. Neither which is accecptible to me, the rear piece is just too long IMO. I understand it needs some pressure to help keep it in place, but I would rather not have it if it is going to damage something.

·
Registered
32 Posts

It looked ok based on how it should look when installed. I raised the windows up and down and didn't hear anymore sounds.

Earlier today, I called the 800 number as suggested from another poster. I mentioned about the sound and told her how I felt it was tight to the fit when installing them and that seems a little too long. I also asked her if she had hear about other complaining about the same thing for the 2011 Odyssey.

She said no, that I'm the first and asked me to send her a pic to see if I installed it carefully. Eventually, she said not to bother and she will send me a replacement. When I take out the old set, then I can let her know if it did indeed crack and where the location is.

If I install the replacement visors and it happens again, then I will get a refund of the first set. Obviously, since I know and we all know that it's too long, I'm going to shave it down with a dremel tool before installing it. I'm not going to let another set a chance to possibly "crack".

Will let you know how it goes when I get the replacement. It will be about 3-5 days. I do also suggest that more people call. Weathertech makes great product, I'm sure it's just an oversight in measurements.

To add to my previous post, the fronts were very easy to install, less than 10 seconds for each window!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is anyone having problems with the auto up/down on the front windows? Our passenger side works fine (knock on wood). The driver side worked fine when we installed them but yesterday the auto up/down stopped working. However, when we got home, it worked again, once. Very odd!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Is anyone having problems with the auto up/down on the front windows? Our passenger side works fine (knock on wood). The driver side worked fine when we installed them but yesterday the auto up/down stopped working. However, when we got home, it worked again, once. Very odd!
Are your front windows tinted? If so that could be the problem, used to happen on my A4 if it was in the sun for a while.

Could the the WT deflectors also if you have the fronts in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts