Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've added these to my van and If anyone has interest in adding these deflectors, I've posted photo's.

I really like how they turned out. They're almost flush to the window and hardly noticeable from certain angles.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
wonder how it would look like on a white ODY

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The install was easy and took about a half hour. The fronts went in very easily. The rears needed about an 1/8th of inch shaved off the ends to make them fit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
wonder how it would look like on a white ODY
Will look good on white. Mine is EX-RES Taffeta White. You may want to add the air deflector to the hood too. The only thing about these visors is that the ones on the front windows reduce your visibility when looking out at about 2 and 10 o'clock angles.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just placed an order for our minivan. Hope to get them soon.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Do these really help at all? I added OEM ones for a Nissan pathfinder years back and they realy didn't do anything. Looks great on your black ody though, so does the door guards, much less noticable on black.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Will keep the rain from entering when you want to have the windows slightly open for ventilation.
That is the only benefit that I know off, and maybe cosmetic. Do you get any wind noise? Regardless they look great on your Ody.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a Nissan Pathfinder too before with Weathertech window deflectors and I must say that it helped a lot in interior cooling after being left out under the sun. We left windows a bit open for ventilation and you wouldn't notice from the outside that windows were open.

·
Registered
161 Posts
We had the WeatherTech window deflectors on our Sienna and it was great! No wind noise even at 80+ MPH. Our trip to FL, we left a crack open in the windows and the van was much cooler when we got back later in the day. The deflectors makes it look like the windows are not open.

My friend had the Honda ones on his Pilot, after a little over a year of use, they started to leak (water drips from between the visor and the door); so he wasn't able to open the window a crack when it rained. Also after 4 years, one of the metal clips that the Honda one uses, broke (probably from rust). Never had these problem with the WeatherTech ones (no tape, no clips).

Can't wait to get our WeatherTech ones for our 2011 Odyssey. Patiently waiting for them to ship it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
...after a little over a year of use, they started to leak (water drips from between the visor and the door); so he wasn't able to open the window a crack when it rained. Also after 4 years, one of the metal clips that the Honda one uses, broke (probably from rust). Never had these problem with the WeatherTech ones (no tape, no clips)....
I've installed 2 sets each of the weathertech and honda oem and the quality is excellent for both. Unless they've been abused, installed incorrectly or aftermarket they should last the life of the vehicle imo.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I had a Nissan Pathfinder too before with Weathertech window deflectors and I must say that it helped a lot in interior cooling after being left out under the sun. We left windows a bit open for ventilation and you wouldn't notice from the outside that windows were open.
Unfortunately I used the OEM Nissan deflectors on my Pathfinder and after 3 years they were falling off, not to mention the "stain" the glue left on the paint. Thank goodness it was a lease...

By the way I just picked up my Ody last night, White w/ Truffle EX-L w NAVI. The van is mainly for my wife so bringing it home was the first time I drove it and I was pleasantly suprised, pretty comfy and ride felt good. And of course, the second I get home from dealer I noticed a small gash/cut on my rear bumper after the protective cover. You can actually see the black bumper underneath, kinda like digging your fingernail into an apple, that is how it looks. Very annoyed I didn't see it at dealer and I looked over the van twice! (I don't think a rock caused this during my drive) Even if I did see it at dealer it would not have mattered, just more clout in making them give me free touch paint or having their body shopy try and make it look better.

What state are you from by the way? I am in NJ.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Will look good on white. Mine is EX-RES Taffeta White. You may want to add the air deflector to the hood too. The only thing about these visors is that the ones on the front windows reduce your visibility when looking out at about 2 and 10 o'clock angles.
Do you have the hood deflector on your Taffeta? Got any pics?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Unfortunately I used the OEM Nissan deflectors on my Pathfinder and after 3 years they were falling off, not to mention the "stain" the glue left on the paint. Thank goodness it was a lease...
That is the reason why we chose Weathertechs. The only thing that I don't like WeatherTech window deflectors is that the windows don't "fully" close. Other than that, everything is okay.

Sorry about your new Ody. It's under warranty, have the dealer repair it. Good luck!

What state are you from by the way? I am in NJ.
We're currently based in NM. :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
The install was easy and took about a half hour. The fronts went in very easily. The rears needed about an 1/8th of inch shaved off the ends to make them fit.
What did you use to shave the ends off the rears?

And why do the rears that I received have tape on them, did yours? I thought it was no tape install, though it looks like this tape sticks to the inside of something and not the outside.

Thanks, hopefully I will get them installed tomorrow, can't wait to see how they look on my Tafetta. I need to get my front windows tinted soon, I wonder if adding these before getting them tinted will affect installing the tint?

·
Registered
24 Posts
def on white

sir, how does it look like on white pls share some pics thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
As soon as I get mine on I will take some pics, it has been raining all morning... Figures, I should have put them on yesterday but I went to a BBQ and didn't have time. At least it was a good day weather wise yesterday.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts