Honda Odyssey Forum banner

WeatherFlectors - did you get used to them?

1501 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Maugham
I installed MacNeil <a href="http://www.macneil.com/store/prodsearch.asp?item_group_id=4">WeatherFlectors</a> last night and have some abivalence about them.

I like the additional tint they provide.

However, wind noise seems louder with the windows either open or closed. Also, they distort or block vision in a few small areas, particularly just around the side mirrors.

Does this match your experience and if so, did you get used to it?

Regards,

Maugham
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by abyez:
I used to have the flectors (months ago) but returned them a week later. </font>
I seriously considered the WeatherFlectors but after examining the cross section of the window seal at the top of the window I opted for the Vent Shades. They don't look as neat but they don't interfere with the window travel or the seal.

If you take a small flat headed nail and put the head up into the channel you will see that the seal is very shallow. Pull the nail down rubbing the outside of the seal and you will feel a lip in the channel that seals against the glass. The WeatherFlector renders this lip useless.
The Wind noise is increased some but I can live with it. IT's worth being able to crack the windows on rainy days.

My 2 cents worth.

------------------
2002 Ody SS EX, Splash Guards, WeatherTech mats, Cargo Tray, Plug-n-Go Console,Under coating, Paint treatment, Upholstery treatment, VentShades.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.