Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
"Painted Craftsmen Garage Door Buttons"??

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Chuck I first used one of the plastic foots under my old tape deck. I then placed 3 rubber rings around it to cover up the chrome and to protect the plastic from the UV rays.

Jim I just painted the buttons off my garage door remote. They were originally green. Now the new grey and black remote matches perfectly with my interior.

-nemogira

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
Jim I just painted the buttons off my garage door remote. They were originally green. Now the new grey and black remote matches perfectly with my interior.
</font>
Nice! You don't use the Homelink system?

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Yes, Moe has a 2000 EX. I'm tempted to remove my rack as well. I'm not sure if we'll ever use it. Nice look!

Nestor, do you have to part #'s and prices of the filler strips? Was the mod fairly straight forward? I'm sure having the FSM to look at helps.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
255 Posts
I bow to the superior knowledge of the forum! I realize now it is an EX with the rails removed. (Gimme a break, though, I don't have mine yet!) Now I, too, am wondering why he's not using the Homelink system - I have the same Craftsman opener currently; I know it uses a rolling code system but I've seen other posts that the Homelink can be programmed to recognize such openers.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have the same opener and when I programmed the Homelink system the range went from 100 - 200 feet or so with the opener to 500 - 600 feet with the Homelink. I've heard of others who've have had the reverse happen, though.

------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm...I haven't been able to get the homelink to work w/ my craftsmen. I guess I'll have to try it again. But Jim heres the the info on the molding strips:

Roof Molding (Left and Right)
74316-S0X-003
74306-S0X-003

Both cost $49 at handa-accessories.com. I just removed the roof rails and replaced the molding strips. That's it...very straight forward.

-Nestor

P.S. Right now it's an EX but in about 2 weeks it'll be an EX NAVI (I hope). Hee, hee

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
P.S. Right now it's an EX but in about 2 weeks it'll be an EX NAVI (I hope). Hee, hee
</font>
Now that's what my wife is waiting to see! Can't wait.

Thanks for the rack info.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
20 Posts
WeatherTech deflectors look great. Does the window glass touch any part of the deflector when you close the window? Just wondering since someone on usenet I think mentioned that his glass got scratched at the top from them.

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kpenney:
WeatherTech deflectors look great. Does the window glass touch any part of the deflector when you close the window? Just wondering since someone on usenet I think mentioned that his glass got scratched at the top from them.</font>
From what I could see the windows DO touch the plastic when it's closed. So far I've haven't seen any scratches. But funny thing is the passenger side isn't going down AS smoothly as the driver side. But it's not as bad it sounds. It just slighty thumps when it passes the deflector. Nothing major though.

Jim, so I'm guessing your wife wants it to be a NAVI too? Well I'll try my best to document all the steps in converting to a NAVI. I'm definitely getting some help on this. My dad and I are unstoppable when it comes to mods.
Big ups to Nestor Sr.

-Nestor Jr.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Jim, so I'm guessing your wife wants it to be a NAVI too? Well I'll try my best to document all the steps in converting to a NAVI. I'm definitely getting some help on this. My dad and I are unstoppable when it comes to mods.
Big ups to Nestor Sr.
</font>
That's VERY cool! My Dad taught me quite a bit while I was growing up. He was basically my pit crew when I raced. I have three sons. I see a lot of wrench time in front of us.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
That's VERY cool! My Dad taught me quite a bit while I was growing up. He was basically my pit crew when I raced. I have three sons. I see a lot of wrench time in front of us.

</font>
Great Jim. All I ask is keep them away from the Caravans. And all should be well.

Here's a sneek peak of what's to come.

-nemogira

·
Registered
585 Posts
Whoa.....

You guys are *HARDCORE* DIYers. I bow before your laservision. I think the ROSS (or poron), the glovebox light, front speakers, the sliding door mod & the backseattheater are gonna do it for me. If I get all those done, I'll feel like I've accomplished something...no herculean feats of dashboard removal for me!

*Good Luck* Nestor! I can't wait to see how this turns out.

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
I'll feel like I've accomplished something...no herculean feats of dashboard removal for me!B]</font>

I hope those mods turn out great! Can't wait to see your pics. But beware...once you start, it is hard to stop. Right Chuck?

-nemogira

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Gee thanks, Nestor. Now I'll have to look on Ebay for my own Navi.
Nice pic. Can't wait to see the rest!

I had the dash of my SE-R taken apart this weekend. I got a new gauge pod setup that replaces the driver side A pillar trim. The SE-R also got a new stereo.

I didn't even look at the Ody this weekend.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I hope those mods turn out great! Can't wait to see your pics. But beware...once you start, it is hard to stop. Right Chuck?

-nemogira
-------------------------------------------

Yeah, unless you run out of money....

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 05-21-2001).]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts