Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up with these guys ? They are the premiere mat company and they dont offer second row yet and no "real" photo of the front mats ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased the whole Honda set from the dealer for $165.00. They have been worth the investment.

·
Registered
613 Posts
How different can it be than the prior version? I just bought a full set of WT, 3 rows and a cargo area mat - the latter is wonderful as I'm always hauling stuff around it makes it like a pickup truck almost. Pricey however, but made in USA by Americans, so I don't feel bad.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my original point is that they dont even offer the second row yet. If this was a foreign company the mats wouldve been designed before the car was even produced ( LOL joke dont get crazy )

·
Registered
142 Posts
Your right I emailed WT a few days ago. The guy emailed me back and told me to check in late in the month or next month on the 2nd and 3rd row floor mats. His reply to my email was that apparently that 65% of all cars were redesigned this year and they are having a hard time keeping up. I have no idea if his stat is correct but that's what he wrote !

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been a faithful WeatherTech buyer for many years - great product and always satisfied, but I agree, should not take them this long to come out with a full set for the 11. However, I did buy the Honda set from a dealer on Ebay and to be honest, they are just as good and cheaper. I paid $145, no tax (PA) and no shipping. I think WeatherTech wants over $100 for the front only. Go with the Honda set.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought the Weathertech cargo liner that finally came out - and when it got delivered Saturday night what I received was a cargo tray. Just a heads up that they do not have the full cargo liner in stock yet.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I bought the Weathertech cargo liner that finally came out - and when it got delivered Saturday night what I received was a cargo tray. Just a heads up that they do not have the full cargo liner in stock yet.
thanks, good to know, and what a fail from their part shipping the wrong thing...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've got the OEM honda... look good to me, only thing I don't like is the 3rd row mat doesn't cover all the way to the plastic trim piece by the sliding doors... so there's about a 18 square inch area that is left unprotected.

·
Registered
43 Posts
From their perspective, they didn't send the wrong thing. They felt that "Liner fits behind 3rd row seating" in the fit notes was sufficient to distinguish the liner from the tray. From my perspective, both items fit behind the 3rd row seating, not to mention the photos that show a liner on top of the cargo area with the seats folded down.

In any case, the link below is actually for the tray. As I already have an OEM tray I'm happy with, I will be returning this to them. Weathertech handled the situation very professionally. I was very pleased with their customer service and I will be buying the full liner when it is released.

Weathertech 2011 Odyssey Cargo Tray - not Liner

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had the Honda OEM mats for my 2006 Ody and was disappointed in them once I discovered the WT ones and ordered them for our other car.

I too was disappointed that WT hadn't come out with all the 2011 ones yet. I saw the OEM ones and thought they looked just as good. Pretty darn close and much cheaper. I like the retention lip they have now. I just wish they had coverage on the footrest thingy up on the left side of the driver's side near the pedals. It gets pretty dirty there.

·
Registered
687 Posts
OEM Odyssey mats do a pretty good job. It's been a very slushy wet winter up here and the mats have held up. :laugh:

However, I agree that it would be nice if the mats covered the dead peddle (foot rest). Also, there are some gaps on the sides by the sliding doors that are not covered by the mats. I have some salt stains there that I will need to scrub out.

I also have the OEM folding flat mat for the cargo area (when the 3rd is down). It does an okay job and has protected the carpet from the dripping wet wheels of our baby stroller. However, there are no clips for this mat and it slides around sometimes.

I hope Odyssey owners don't end up waiting like Sienna owners have had to for the Weather Techs to come out. The 2011 Sienna van came out in the winter of 2010 and WT just released the full set of mats for it a few weeks ago. That's almost 2 full winters without a set of all weather mats since Toyota didn't release their own OEM mats.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I've got the over the hump one piece WT in front and the one piece WT that covers the second and third row in back (requires removing second row seats to install..and clean for that matter. But not a big deal). I have a 2011 EXL with a grey interior. I've had the OEM in my previous 3 Odysseys and I think the WT product is superior although there are a few minor improvements that would make it even better.

It looks fine. Mats are a little lighter than the leather but I think its preferable to black. I have had some staining thought, I suspect from coffee spills, that I haven't been able to get out but maybe I just haven't tried hard enough. For me cleaning the interior consists of popping the second row seats, removing the WT mats entirely, vacuming the carpets and going at the WT mats with a high pressure hose and brush.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does anyone know if the grey color of the WT mats looks ok with the grey interior of the Odyssey?
The grey WT mats match the seats pretty well in a grey interior, they are slightly lighter than the carpet. But they look nice since they match the seat.

We have the 2nd row mat and the cargo liner, they line up pretty well to provide pretty full coverage when the 3rd row seat is down. We keep pondering getting the front row over the hump mat, but we don't want it being to plasticy in the car.

Along the same lines, my wife really wanted a dashmat to reduce glare that bounces off the passenger dash when we are driving. We ordered the "Ltd. Edition" Dashmat in grey. The mat is cut really well to the contours of the dash, and the grey color blends in really well. At first I was against the mat, I thought it would look sorta tacky, but I am sold.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts