1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
13,639 Posts
Tried searching for Weathertech in the 2011 forum? Try it. You will be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed the one piece FloorLiner for the 2nd & 3rd rows, and the All Weather Mats in the front of our new '12 Odyssey. I like the total protection of the FloorLiner in the back two rows, but I preferred the more traditional floor mats in the front. I might even take those out and go back to the carpet look. Same deal here - three kids all under 5yrs old and I just want to keep them from trashing things in the back.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried searching for Weathertech in the 2011 forum? Try it. You will be pleasantly surprised.
My bad as a newbie then. I did search for 'Weathertech' and the way the results were presented I thought they were just ads. It would have helped if I had looked at the URL under each header.

That said, I've never not been able to identify results in a search like that in other forums, but still, my bad.

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just installed the one piece FloorLiner for the 2nd & 3rd rows, and the All Weather Mats in the front of our new '12 Odyssey. I like the total protection of the FloorLiner in the back two rows, but I preferred the more traditional floor mats in the front. I might even take those out and go back to the carpet look. Same deal here - three kids all under 5yrs old and I just want to keep them from trashing things in the back.
What did you not like about the front all-weather mats, and why did you not go with the 'liner' for the front ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just ordered some without the hump in grey - digitally fitted of course. Had them in my prior car and have to say it was the best mod I ever did (especially with a baby, 5yr old and 9 yr old!)...better than any all-weather mats out there...

·
Registered
9 Posts
It wasn't that I didn't like the front Liner, but that I didn't think we needed all that protection up front. For us, the majority of the mess is contained where the kids ride(big surprise, right?) and the front Liners seemed to cover a little more of the carpet than we preferred. With the standard All Weather mats the footprint was a little less aggressive.

PS - we have the Truffle interior and went with black mats. I will post some pix when I can get to take some.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It wasn't that I didn't like the front Liner, but that I didn't think we needed all that protection up front. For us, the majority of the mess is contained where the kids ride(big surprise, right?) and the front Liners seemed to cover a little more of the carpet than we preferred. With the standard All Weather mats the footprint was a little less aggressive.

PS - we have the Truffle interior and went with black mats. I will post some pix when I can get to take some.
I would love to see how different colors look on Truffle. That would be awesome.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Pics, whenever you have time, please. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't have pics, but we have truffle and went with the black mats. It looks great and, at least from my perspective, the best contrast/choice...no regrets.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have pics, but we have truffle and went with the black mats. It looks great and, at least from my perspective, the best contrast/choice...no regrets.
Hmmm. I'm a little concerned that if I go with the black (van), that having the black mats too will be a little too Darth Vadar for my wife. I love the contrast between the black exterior and the tan ('truffle' ?) interior though, so maybe it would just compliment that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Black/Truffle w/black floor mats

IMG_0221.jpg IMG_0222.jpg IMG_0223.jpg IMG_0224.jpg IMG_0225.jpg

I didn't think to take photos showing the exterior, but we have a black/truffle EX-L RES. These photos are of the Digital Fit 2nd/3rd Row Liner with All Weather Mats in the front. For reference the seat protectors are the standard tan Prince Lionheart version. They aren't a great match to the truffle seats but they should give some good protection. You can see the interior is a little dirty from a road trip, but the mats did their job and caught a milk sippy cup along the way.

It's my understanding that all the floor carpets are charcoal grey so I think black is the best option all around.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmm. I'm a little concerned that if I go with the black (van), that having the black mats too will be a little too Darth Vadar for my wife. I love the contrast between the black exterior and the tan ('truffle' ?) interior though, so maybe it would just compliment that.
Makes sense. Ours is silver and the contrast looks sharp. Still, I can't imagine not going with black...I think they wear better...though others may disagree.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
View attachment 10933 View attachment 10934 View attachment 10935 View attachment 10936 View attachment 10937

I didn't think to take photos showing the exterior, but we have a black/truffle EX-L RES. These photos are of the Digital Fit 2nd/3rd Row Liner with All Weather Mats in the front. For reference the seat protectors are the standard tan Prince Lionheart version. They aren't a great match to the truffle seats but they should give some good protection. You can see the interior is a little dirty from a road trip, but the mats did their job and caught a milk sippy cup along the way.

It's my understanding that all the floor carpets are charcoal grey so I think black is the best option all around.
Thanks for the pics. That is the 'truffle' interior ? It looks really close to grey in the pics. Are those the Weathertech liners, or a different brand ? (Just curious as a point of reference)

Definitely leaning towards black exterior, beige interior (and black floor protection) at this point.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the link. I'm a little afraid that the 'black' would wear on to the beige seats after a while (years?). I think I'll end up putting a towel (discretely) down under any padding I get.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts