Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody.

I have seen a couple posts containing references to Weathertech floormats. I was wondering how well people like them. Where do you get them? etc.....

I am looking for floormats for all 3 rows of seats, preferably the heavier-duty style. Thanks in advance for any input.

Chris

------------------
99 EX Deep Velvet Blue
Fog Lights
Air Deflector
Splash Guards
Cargo Tray
Cargo Mat

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Hi, Chris. I have the Weathertech mats and I generally like 'em, but they're not perfect as far as catching all of the water that can pour off your shoes. The Ody fromt floor has a bit of a downslope in the area of the cowl kick panels and the Weathertechs foolishly don't have a big rib there to prevent runoff. Its really a pretty silly design for a mat that purports to catch water.

They do still trap a lot of water, it's just that they could do the job a bit better.

The center and rear do work well, though.

I bought them on the web, but I can't remember the company. Price was about $125 with shipping for all three rows.

PS: They are HEAVY.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
I've seen the weathertech and husky mats many places online, and at local parts stores. I think I got mine at roadworksauto with a coupon code. I suggest checking out a coupon site like flamingoworld.com and seeing if they have any codes for dealers that carry the brand and color you like. I agree with ckonarske about the mats. They're probably a universal design, and aren't perfect for the Odyssey. I also wish the front mats had the water holding grooves extend farther up where my feet usually are, but they still work nicely.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
I have a banner that I have yet to add to the site that gives you, I believe, $30 off a $100 order at Carparts.com. There are also a couple of other discounts like free shipping and some sorta % off.

I think I might add a sponsor page to the final website and announce any neat specials like that.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help. I'll hopefully place an order soon. I assume that the second and third row mats are one long piece. Is that correct?

Chris

------------------
99 EX Deep Velvet Blue
Fog Lights
Air Deflector
Splash Guards
Cargo Tray
Cargo Mat

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cwneed:
Thanks for all the help. I'll hopefully place an order soon. I assume that the second and third row mats are one long piece. Is that correct?

Chris

</font>
No, they're interlocking separates.

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was online looking for Weathertech floormats and saw that they have interlocking front mats for mini-vans. The sites I saw them on were advertising them as being a new item. Is this in fact new, or do your front mats interlock?

------------------
99 EX Deep Velvet Blue
Fog Lights
Air Deflector
Splash Guards
Cargo Tray
Cargo Mat

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Chuck. I just took a look at your pics and I see the interlocking front mats. Like I said, the sites advertised it as new so I wasn't sure. Definately seems like the best set of all-weather mats out there. They may not be perfect but for $50 for the front set I think they will do just fine. Thanks for the help.

Chris

------------------
99 EX Deep Velvet Blue
Fog Lights
Air Deflector
Splash Guards
Cargo Tray
Cargo Mat

·
Registered
10 Posts
I LIKE THE MATS BUT THE SECOND ROW IS TWO PIECES AND THE THIRD (DONT HAVE) ARE THE SMAE AS THE SECOND BUT REQUIRE CUTTING (PAIN IN THE BUTT IF YOU ASK ME) THE FRONTS AND THE SECOND ROW FIT WELL THEY HOLD A LOT OF WATER BUT IT IS ONLY RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FEET MOST PEOPLES FEET DONT SIT ON THAT SPOT ALSO IT DOES NOT GO UP THE SIDE ABOVE THE LITTLE SPOT FOR YOUR LEFT FOOT (DRIVER SIDE) SO IF YOU PUT YOUR FOOT THERE THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU THEY ARE VERY HEAVY GOOD QUALITY WILL SAVE MATS ALSO WILL COST LESS THAN THE FLOOR MATS FROM HONDA (150 WAY TO MUCH) BUT THEY WILL NOT SAY 'ODYSSEY' ON THEM

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. I received my Weathertech front mats a few days ago and I am very happy with them. As mentioned above, it would be nice if the mat extended to where the left foot would rest. However, they are a very nice fit for an aftermarket heavy-duty mat. I think I am going to purchase mats other than Weathertech for the second and third rows. It seems that the weathertech mats are expensive for a strait piece of rubber. I am going to opt for a $10 mat and see how that works (as an added bonus it also has grooves throughout the entire mat, unlike Weathertech.)

Actually, in my third row I use the cargo mat in a weird way. So far we haven't used the third row seat too much (except for the dog on road trips) so this has worked ok so far. Additionally, it keeps the cargo mat handy instead of rolled up in the garage where I would no doubt leave it when I need it most. To give you an idea of what I do, if I was looking through the rear of the van, the cargo mat comes down over the front edge of the cargo well. It proceeds to lay under the 3rd row bench and the remainder acts as a floor mat for the third row. It is out of the way and ready for use if needed. It sounds simple and perhaps this is done by many of you out there. It has come in handy for me a few times when I had to make an unexpected haul with my Ody, when normally the Cargo mat would have been in the garage. Anyway, thanks for all the input.

Chris

------------------
99 EX Deep Velvet Blue; Fog Lights; Air Deflector; Splash Guards; Cargo Tray; Cargo Mat

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions for a mat to place between the front seats to complement the Weathertech mats? My wife steps between the seats each time she buckles the 2-year-old into her car seat, and the effects are showing even with only 1100 miles on the van.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I cut a scrap piece of carpet to fit between the 2nd and 3rd rows to help on the wear and tear as people go in and out of the 3rd seat. I didn't find any rubber mat that would fit between the two seats (configured as captain seats). Instead of trying to cut up a rubber mat, I just used carpet. I cut the carpet long enough so that it would fit under the mats in front and back. The carpet doesn't move at all when walking over it. The carpet was a short nap - indoor/outdoor type carpet. Something like this would probably work between the front seats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts