Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not intend for this post to be a waste of time. I have searched and seen many people requesting to see pictures of the grey liners with grey interior and really, most of these threads go nowhere. From all of the people who have asked previously, there aren't many useful responses. I'd like to see a clean pic of grey liners with the grey interior and would make it easier to compare to the grey interior with a black liner - Don't think that I need to see that pic necessarily. To be honest - many pics that I have see of the black liners - they appear to be grey due to the light reflecting into the camera, so not really definitive. For the # of grey liners that I imagine are purchased - I see very little pictorial evidence of this.

For those with grey liners - do they make the interior to bland/monochromatic (or the black to dark/heavy)? I think that everyone has their own preference in this regard and can make their own decision. Also, I am not sure if a comment regarding how they look dirty is useful as saying the grey shows the dirt, and looks grimy when dirty, is probably offset by the black showing dirt residual more obviously when dry. Not sure what to make of this. Wish I could just head to a place local to place one of each colour inside my van to make the decision myself.

Soooo - are there people out there that have some quality photos they could provide to help people make this (should be) simple decision? Or if there are any that bought one then swapped them out for the other? This would be more valuable than "I bought X colour" and am completely happy with it. I am sure that people are typically happy with whichever colour they chose, just sometimes that may be partly the effect that they aren't aware of what the other choice looks like.

Thank you for your feedback (and excuse my Cdn excessive use of the letter 'u', I also chose to spell the colour 'grey', rather than gray ;))

·
Registered
316 Posts
No pic presently of grey on grey but there is no way I'd do black on grey. I'll try and work on some pics over the weekend. I'll probably even have dirty and clean pics since we have been using my van to go to sporting clays shooting the past two weeks. Dirt, grass, gravel etc all the finest from Kansas' mimimum maintenace roads.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just realized weathertech is a huge rip off. I found similar mats in Costco brand name of good year, that look exactly like weathertech and the whole set cost me only $27 plus tax. Compare this with weathertech's ridiculous $114 price for a sheet of rubber

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
72triple: thanks for the pics - looks like the carpet in the 3rd Gen were much lighter than the current charcoal carpet in the 2014s (assuming is same for all 2011+). This is where I am kind of wondering which would match better black or grey as the underlying OEM carpet (2014) is much darker than yours.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Follow up - I got my black mats, and can confirm that they really are the right match for my 2014 charcoal flooring (with grey leather). They go very well, and I am completely satisfied, such that I really can't believe that I was even considering the grey mats.

This is the right colour to go with the charcoal flooring. Granted, you don't see much of the actual carpet anyway, but it blends well where you do, and the clincher for me is that the plastic around the hooks for the 2nd row seats is dark charcoal also. You definitely see that when the seats are out, so the look is much better and less noticeable than if the mats were grey with dark plastic surrounding the floor attachment points.

My $0.02 for anyone else debating over this same decision. I'll try to post some representative pics soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got our 2014 EX-L with truffle interior. I'm planning to buy the Weathertech floor liners (black). For the front row, I was going to buy the over-the-hump model, to keep everything protects. My wife is concerned that it will be too cumbersome to remove that model for cleaning, and wants to get the two-piece model. Any thoughts from experienced weather tech-ers out there? Is it hard to remove the one-piece model? Do you even remove it for cleaning anyway? Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes - here are pics as I indicated. First one gives you an idea of how dark the OEM carpet is on my 2014. The others show the (black) rear mats with the dark plastic surrounds around the floor seat attachment hooks. The last one also has the OEM "summer" mat overtop of the Weathertech, just for another comparison to give an idea of what the stock mats look like.

Oh yeah, not intention of cleaning up the interior before taking pics. One of the benefits of the mats is that I now have virtually no fears about what kind of messes the kids leave back there, though I am noticing that I do have some reason that I could finally put that vacuum to use.....

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just put in the grey Weathtechs in my Ody with grey interior and it matches perfectly. I got the front one piece set and it hooks in with the 2 factory hooks. However, on the rear one piece, it does not hook on to the two factory hooks behind the driver and right front passenger seat. Instead, there is a bulge in the mat which covers the factory hookup. I have no idea why this is. Anyone?

Just remember to remove the mats from underneath. It looks like in some of the above photos, someone left the front mats in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
thanks for the pic! Since I'm Gray Interior on Black 2011 TE, I'm thinking that Black mats are the way to go and you just solidified that notion. Made my job easier!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dear Friends

I vote for gray WeatherTech DigitalFit floor liners with a gray Odyssey interior.

The gray liners are too light if you were comparing studio-lit images of the liners to the upholstery, but because the liners are in the shadows of your van, the color is just right, in my humble but exacting opinion.

This is what I have for our 2012 Odyssey EX-L.

--Jaddie

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice to see some pics! I decided on a gray set of WeatherTech All-Weather Mats for my 2010 Odyssey LX. I'll be installing them today or tomorrow. I thought about the Digital Fit FloorLiner (non- Over the hump model) but decided I'd rather have the mats because they have a cutout for the in-floor storage in 3rd gen Odys. I also really liked the little square mat for between the second row captain's chairs. I can't wait to install them!!

I'll post pics when they're in.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mats are installed. Click on my garage to see pics!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts