Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the Admin / staff for creating a new forum for Canadian users!

First off...I'd like to know how many Canadian users there are out there? Any in the GTA area in Ontario?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow! A forum specifically for the Canadian connection? How'd you get the admins to go for that? ;-)

I'm here in the nation's capital (Ottawa, for those who don't want to look it up) with a 2 week old EX-L RES, Sandstone Metallic.

And lovin' it! :)

-Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good to see Canada as a new regional forum.

I am out here at Montreal.

Any recommendation for priced right good winter wheels (tire & rim) in Montreal? Anyone been to Costco lately?

Charlie

·
Registered
85 Posts
cchenzz said:

Any recommendation for priced right good winter wheels (tire & rim) in Montreal? Anyone been to Costco lately?

Charlie
I haven't looked too hard yet, but came across the following from CanadianTire:
http://tinyurl.com/nr9a
I don't know whether this price is reasonable or not... -Rob

·
Registered
910 Posts
I am in the BEAUTIFUL BRITISH COLUMBIA with my BEAUTIFUL HONDA ODYSSEY ! :D

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yipee !!

:joy:

Our own forum !!

:rockon:

Working in Montreal, living on the South Shore, beyond the dreaded bridges.

Costco : went last week, winters were not in yet. Check-out Talontire.com. They are based in the West Island and they have the Blizzak WS50 on special at 129$ in Ody size, but for september only. I'm waiting for a reply to my e-mail for a package with steelies.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello from Lindsay!

Hello fellow Canucks,

I hail from the small town of Lindsay, Ontario. just 1.5 hours north of the 1st row greens at centre ice of the Air Canada Centre, 30 min. west of Peterborough. Until last year, my 2001 Odyssey was the only one in town and used to get looks like I was driving a Ferrari. Now we have Kawartha Lakes Honda...I could start a Lindsay Odyclub now. Anyway, nice to see the Canadian contigent stand up.

Cheers,

Ron

·
Registered
22 Posts
Greetings from Ottawa !

I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase with my 3 month old 2003 Redrock Pearl EX. You know... washing it lovingly by hand, accesorizing it, etc. I have to harness my energy and enthusiasm while it lasts!

So far:

Donnely mirror with compass, temp and lights.
Hardwired 600 W power inverter.

To do list:

Fog/driving lamps
Possible 17" wheel/tire upgrade
nitrous & supercharger kit

...just kidding about that last one! The drivetrain is sweet enough for me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Erkdajerk said:
Greetings from Ottawa !

Hey - another Ottawa guy! Let's have a "Meet"!!!;) (I think I saw a post from you earlier - I knew you were from here)

Where'd you get your Donnelly mirror from? I want one too (without the lamps tho...)

It's sooo hard to source parts around here... I feel like I'm living back in the sticks of Cape Breton, NS!

·
Registered
22 Posts
robg said:
Where'd you get your Donnelly mirror from? I want one too (without the lamps tho...)

It's sooo hard to source parts around here... I feel like I'm living back in the sticks of Cape Breton, NS!
I got it from the same source as others in Odyclub: Bob Prim (RT Assoc.) I got mine on E-bay though. If you're lucky (as I was) you might get it for less than the Odyclub member price.

Check out the discussion threads on the Donnelly mirror. All the info is there. A fellow Canadian found out the name of the regional distributor based in Montreal. I can't remember the name but the info is out there.

Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's about time we got our own forum!!!

Another member from our nations capital!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah, well that's what I assumed at first. But it looks like people from *all* the forums are saying the same thing. Maybe there were no regional forums before? I don't remember if there were any or not... maybe they are all new... -Rob

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
robg said:
Yeah, well that's what I assumed at first. But it looks like people from *all* the forums are saying the same thing. Maybe there were no regional forums before? I don't remember if there were any or not... maybe they are all new... -Rob
They're all new, but no less welcome for that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Greetings from Kelowna, BC ...

Last year I up some MacPek steel rims at Canadian Tire $63Cdn each ... Put on BF Goodrich Winter Slaloms 215-65-16 (My spring/summers are Michelin x-ones 225-60-16) and they were decent tires in various winter conditions based on several trips to the local ski hill. I have the Michelin Arctic Alpins on my rear wheel drive car and find them excellent. Hard to believe they work so well for such a non-traditional tread pattern. Will replace the BFs with Michelins when the BFs wear out!

------------------
'00 EX MB
'98 528i

cchenzz said:

Charlie

1 - 20 of 86 Posts