Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there from Calgary.
I got lucky on my steel rims for my winter tires. I talked to a local dealer (T&T Honda) and they sold me take-off rims for $50 each with an extra set of lug nuts. These rims were off of other Odysseys whose owners had opted to buy aluminum rims. Just got them on a day when they were feeling generous. Not very many days like that.

Fred.................

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Costco winter tires for 2003

cchenzz said:
Good to see Canada as a new regional forum.

I am out here at Montreal.

Any recommendation for priced right good winter wheels (tire & rim) in Montreal? Anyone been to Costco lately?

Charlie
Went to the downtown Costco last Friday. They will sell the Michelin Artic Alpin, Uniroyals and Blizzaks for this winter. They had the pricing for the first two (the tires are not in stock yet).

The Michelins will be 154 $ for 225/60R16 and 148 $ in 215/65R16. There will be a 12.50 $ discount per tire starting October 6th.

Before you buy winter tires, check out www.tiretrends.com. They are the Canadian equivalent to Tire Rack, are based in Vancouver and ship cross-country via Purolator. I will post about my tires / wheels search later on in the tire thread I started.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Re: Costco winter tires for 2003

Blueprint said:
Before you buy winter tires, check out www.tiretrends.com. They are the Canadian equivalent to Tire Rack, are based in Vancouver and ship cross-country via Purolator. I will post about my tires / wheels search later on in the tire thread I started.
Tiretrends looks interesting, but it looks like they don't sell Michelin or Goodyear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good to see a Canadian forum.

Live in Uxbridge (20 minutes due east of Newmarket), commute to Markham.

2002 LX

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Re: Re: Costco winter tires for 2003

Grand Total said:
Tiretrends looks interesting, but it looks like they don't sell Michelin or Goodyear.
You can always ask them, maybe they don't list all the brands. Check out the reviews on Tire Rack for consumer feedback and comparison tests.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi All Ody lovers...
I'm in Kingston....the first capital

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is a great regional forum.

Once we have enough interest, a meet would be a great idea.

In addition, we may want to investigate finding a way to source the expensive full lens fog lights to Canada for a more reasonable price. I have always wanted them but refuse to pay the ridiculous price in CAD.

Cheers

·
Registered
85 Posts
Kooby said:
This is a great regional forum.

Once we have enough interest, a meet would be a great idea.

In addition, we may want to investigate finding a way to source the expensive full lens fog lights to Canada for a more reasonable price. I have always wanted them but refuse to pay the ridiculous price in CAD.

Cheers
I'd be interested in that. They look great since they are made to fit that location. I haven't seen any others that look as nice yet (IMO) but I'm sure there are better performers. That's the tradeoff you make I suppose...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Good to see a Canuck forum.

Also live in Newmarket and commute to Toronto.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
fog lights

robg said:
I'd be interested in that. They look great since they are made to fit that location. I haven't seen any others that look as nice yet (IMO) but I'm sure there are better performers. That's the tradeoff you make I suppose...
Ditto, I wanted the fog lights too, but 700 $ plus installation and taxes...:eek:mg:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got the mirror

Hello Canucks!

A group buy on the fogs would be great; I've noticed that a few people have been installing the PIAA lights at a much lower cost - I wonder how they compare. Anyway, after much delay (at customs, I presume), I finally got my Donnelly temp/compass mirror from Bob Prim. I let the local thumper car stereo installation dude at out local car/home audio store install it for me (his name is Boomer) - he charged me $30.
PS: he told me that for another couple of hours work, he could have my Ody heard - and felt - for miles around....tempting.

Cheers,

Ron

·
Registered
85 Posts
lookinco said:
hey guys I can get fog lights for $550 cdn plus shipping !
From where? That's still alot of coin, plus shipping.

By the way, I guess with "free trade" there aren't many duties of any kind left between the US and Canada, eh? Anyone know for sure regarding auto parts in general?

·
Registered
910 Posts
I can get it from my shop for $550 plus shipping. The dealler want at least $750 when i asked.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
customs

robg said:
From where? That's still alot of coin, plus shipping.

By the way, I guess with "free trade" there aren't many duties of any kind left between the US and Canada, eh? Anyone know for sure regarding auto parts in general?
A couple years ago, I shopped for alloys for the VW at TireRack and the customs fees charged by UPS were around 100$. Plus, you have to pay the full taxes from your province of residence, even though the purchase was in the US. So, it still pays to find a Canadian source, like TireTrends.com.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Duties are levied on certain products depending on the source country that the product was manufactured. If the fog lights are manufactured outside of the US/Mexico, generally a 6% duty may apply.

Contemporary Motorsports in Alberta may be able to ship these lights for around $500. When I spoke to them last year, I seem to recollect that price. Things may have changed though, so don't quote me on it.

$500 is still steep in my opinion. I would buy them for around $300, similar to our US friends.

Cheers.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you guys are looking to install the US fogs on the Cdn Ody I would do some research first. If not then ignor this.

I think there were a few instances of US peps having Cdn Ody's that couldn't install the US fogs because of the day time running lights and the use of a different wiring harness on the Cdn model that just doesn't work with the US fogs.

See T Allen in this thread

This fog light discussion should have a topic of its own.;)

·
Registered
910 Posts
The fog light I am talking about is the Canadian version. And the $550 is Canadian dollars as well. Yes if you order them from the US you would have to go over the custom. But the good thing is we are all in Canada so we don't have to go through that. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
About they created a Canadian Forum.

I had a 2001 Ody on lease and I just got a 2003 Ody on a new lease at reduced monthly cost!

I'm in Toronto.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts