Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded my 2009 EX-L in for a 2012 EX-L and overall we like this new one a lot. But one thing we did notice was the lack of storage behind the front row.

No more vault in the floor, spare is in there now.
No more storage under middle seat cushion.
No more compartments in the 3rd row arm rests.
And in the back, where the spare was removed, just two little shelves that hold nothing of consequence.
WTH, Honda!

Where are suppose to carry items like jumper cables, trailer hitches, extra car seat covers, tie downs, and my car starter. All that stuff used to reside in the vault, now it's out and about ready to fling into the air at any given moment and hit someone in the head.

All right, rant done. What do guys do about your lack of storage?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting POV, mine is almost the opposite. I too came from the previous gen (2007 Touring). My wife and I were pleased by what we saw as an increase in storage- front compartment between seats, (we had no middle seat, the lazy suzan was more or less useless as it was too hard to access with all weather mats and the general stuff we always had in the floor). We were happy about the removal of the doored compartments in the back (found they served no real purpose other than a place for the kids to hid sticky stuff only to be found weeks later). Appreciate the increase in storage compartments in the back. Slightly miss the second second glove box and zippered mesh storage on the front seats but not badly.

For us the big win is the ability to go 3 wide with booster/car seats and still have the ability to use the back row.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I would never consider the new Ody, (I'd leave the van market first ;) ) but another storage place I saw significantly reduced were the storage pockets in the front doors. This is mainly an issue with the upper compartments that looked to me like they were basically a shelf with a small raised lip to hold all the contents in place. The 3rd gen had more of a protected compartment.

For us the big win is the ability to go 3 wide with booster/car seats and still have the ability to use the back row.
That seems to be the big selling point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts