Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Odyssey and recently we’ve had issues with the Serpentine belt slipping when it’s raining hard. The battery light comes on and steering tightens then as soon as we straighten it all goes back to normal. The under shield has been missing for several years and this issue has just started so I can’t imagine that’s it. The engine cover has recently been lost but from what I’ve read that’s not causing this issue. Any assistance and advise is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
253 Posts
New serp belts are cheap, when was yours last changed? The slipping will likely put a "polish" on your belt, so problem will just get worse. I'd do what MrRangerZr1 said, and get a splash shield (not too expensive) and replace the belt.

You will need the clips and a few screws as well. Screws may still be there, maybe not, but plastic clips will not be reusable.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
My experience with this was that your serpentine belt tensioner isn't up to par anymore. When I changed it there was a night/day difference between the stiffness of the old one vs the new one and that cured my issue (I was getting the same symptoms as you). It took almost no effort to release the tension to take the belt off, but after replacing the tensioner I had to get help to get the belt back on as it took both hands just to rotate the tensioner enough to get the belt on. Might as well replace the belt while you are at it because if it has been slipping it has probably glazed over by now.

Reactions: ccervenka
1 - 4 of 4 Posts