Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace my headlight bulbs. What are you all using?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am looking to replace my headlight bulbs. What are you all using?
I have not had to replace mine yet, but in doing some research for when they do need to be replaced, Sylvania/Osram (available at most auto parts stores) has various bulbs to fit Odys as does GE, with the main source of the GE bulbs being through Amazon.com. The ones that are mentioned as the best on other auto forums are the Silverstar (Sylvania) and Nighthawk (GE). Others posters on those sites mention PIAA and Wagner also, but I don’t know if they come in all sizes for the various models of the Ody. Good luck hunting and share what you find out.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Probably HIR bulbs. Do google on it.
Or search "Philips HIR2 9012 Standard Halogen Headlight Bulb" on amazon.
This actually gives you brightest light except real HID.
I have it on my Ody, but frankly it's not drastically brighter but surely brighter than stock.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
There are many threads on lights in this forum, you can use the search...

I have tried the Silverstars and the Nighthawks, they are OK, but short life. The other thing that you need to know is with a higher color temperatures, it is actually worse when the roads are wet, you will not see as much reflection from the road and will seem darker. If you are not too into the HID look, then go with the Nighthawks, they do put out more useable light and will last much longer than the Silverstars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts