Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the passenger seat out of our 2003 EX yesterday so I could steam clean the carpet beneath and around it. In order to take out the seat, I had to disconnect three wiring bundles from the seat.

Since the seat isn't a power seat, what is the purpose of *THREE BUNDLES* of wiring going to the seat?

·
Registered
463 Posts
My guess would be something related to the airbag sensor that tells the airbag to turn off if something lightweight like a child is sitting there, but I am not positive.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Seat heater, back heater, airbag sensor. Those are my guesses for the three connectors.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
SuperDad said:
Seat heater, back heater, airbag sensor. Those are my guesses for the three connectors.
Does the passenger seat head the back, or just the arse area? For some reason I seem to recall that it was just a butt heater?:confused:

Since the OP lists an EX, I would say that heaters are irrelevant.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our EX has cloth seats; I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a seat heater.

I'm guessing seatbelt buzzer thing and maybe airbag gizmo, but it really surprised me that there were three bundles of wires going to an unpowered seat.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
You are correct, no seat heater for cloth.

No back heater for passenger seat. I think it uses something in the seatback to figure out if there's someone sitting there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts