Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Having worked in the Aftermarket alternator business if I remember right the only difference between the 0580 and 0575 was a mounting boss or bracket on the frame. Electronics were the same. By the way, your alternator could be an OEM reman, meaning it’s got all Denso parts so same as a Denso reman.
The MPA catalog does state "Manufacturer Nippondenso" but I don't know exactly what it means. For example could they claim this if the alternator when new was manufactured by Denso but has since been rebuilt by another company without Denso parts?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The MPA catalog does state "Manufacturer Nippondenso" but I don't know exactly what it means. For example could they claim this if the alternator when new was manufactured by Denso but has since been rebuilt by another company without Denso parts?
Depends on what this statement refers to. NipponDenso is just a Japanese Denso. There is also a USA Denso.
But I have seen replacement parts referring to original manufacturer in terms of application.
For example, some cars have various parts suppliers, iirc Honda Accord had some Valeo and Denso radiators, which
are not identical. So when buying a replacement radiator, the part has a fitment note, Valeo or Denso replacement.
So that could mean one of two things:
1. The manufacturer of the part you bought is NipponDenso
2. The part you are buying is meant to replace NipponDenso alternator

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
All I can tell is every main manufacturer, Denso, Remy, Bosch, etc lists two separate alternators for LX and EXL trims. If they could be easily interchanged, I think aftermarket companies would jump on the bandwagon and only produce one item that fits both trims. Its what aftermarket companies excel at, reducing inventory and part count in process.
What even confuses me further is that this doesn't seem to be consistent among aftermarket brands, for example, Pure Energy and Duralast (as Bert pointed out, both probably remanufactured by MPA) lists 15564 for LX, EX, and EX-L; and the 11099 for Touring only...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well, based on lots of conversations here on the forum, Denso (OEM) is the only way to go. Duralast don't last! :ROFLMAO:

41 - 44 of 44 Posts