Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Undecided on color. Done paperwork on 2012 ex-L/NAV and dealership is looking for colors we like at other dealerships. (For some reason, our local dealer seemed to have mostly Taffeta white...) Anyway, what color is your new van and if had it to do over again, would you get a different color? Thanks for any input.

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, I'll gladly go easy from now on. As in not visiting this site. Very unwelcoming, and from a moderator no less. Apparently you do not want consumers to visit this site. :huh:

·
Registered
687 Posts
I wanted black but the wife said it looked too dark, so we compromised and went one color lighter. I like the color very much and have no regrets.

Decisions decisions decisions!

;)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sure, I'll gladly go easy from now on. As in not visiting this site. Very unwelcoming, and from a moderator no less. Apparently you do not want consumers to visit this site. :huh:

I think I would side Mr. Dv, its not that you are not allowed to do it BUT I believe I've seen your prior post. Besides, color really is of PERSONAL choice.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Well, sorry you feel that way. I linked a prior Poll on ALL colors of the ody for you. Apparently that wasn't enough I guess. We do lock too many redundant threads but you being new I figured I'd give you a small hint. You are welcome to post on here but not 3 separate threads all on colors. All your questions in all 3 threads could have been posted in one color thread and most of your answers would be found in other existing threads on colors. Its the same people replying to different folks you know.

Check out that thread that I provided to you when you regain some of the composure.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Its real personal decision. I hate decision that do with colors.

I dont own 2011/2012.

How i do this? I will go back to 2005 and look at colors, see how i like it today :)

Right now i am observing pass by 2011/12 ody (colors) and see how i like it overtime.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
31 Posts
per edmund's appreciate value, all metallic colors have better resale value. go w/ silver, polish metal or metallic blue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Undecided on color. Done paperwork on 2012 ex-L/NAV and dealership is looking for colors we like at other dealerships. (For some reason, our local dealer seemed to have mostly Taffeta white...) Anyway, what color is your new van and if had it to do over again, would you get a different color? Thanks for any input.

We bought out 11 Ody in August when the supply was low. They had a black/truffle on the lot and black was our 2nd choice after the charcoal gray. However, having had it 3 months now and seeing others on the road, I love our black even more. The new ody design has this weird habit of placing black plastic that stands out against all the other colors, whereas it just blends into the black color. I love it. I hate the white. And I initially liked the blue, but hate it now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well, sorry you feel that way. I linked a prior Poll on ALL colors of the ody for you. Apparently that wasn't enough I guess. We do lock too many redundant threads but you being new I figured I'd give you a small hint. You are welcome to post on here but not 3 separate threads all on colors. All your questions in all 3 threads could have been posted in one color thread and most of your answers would be found in other existing threads on colors. Its the same people replying to different folks you know.

Check out that thread that I provided to you when you regain some of the composure.
In all honesty, you could have easily been more gracious about it. Its the way you come off. It doesent help that you end your reply telling someone to regain their composure.

Moderators like you need to do a better job in communicating what you want to say in a way that would not be interpreted as sounding semi-jerk like. First impressions count..a new member can learn what he or she did wrong when they first started posting if they stick around long enough..whereas you've been here long enough to know better.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Silver and are loving it. I think silver is the easiest to keep clean and stays looking clean the longest. Plus I love love love that Honda brought back a true silver on the Ody, our old 2008 was a "silver" pearl that in all intents and purpose was a gold color. Long live silver!

·
Registered
10 Posts
We got gunmetal (gray). We were thinking about the light blue, but no dealers seemed to have any so that we could have a look at it first. Now that we've finally seen it on the road, we kinda wish we had gotten the blue as it does look very nice; that said, we are fine with the gunmetal and don't mind it at all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We chose the taffeta white and love it! It takes a bit more to keep it clean but I think it's the best color available for the touring elite. The simple white with black accents are classic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
First time poster here. First off, I just wanted to say that I didn't think the reply from dvpatel was that bad. I noticed the words "can you please", then "please" again. Then "sorry you feel that way". Then they provided a useful link. Not exactly unwelcoming IN MY OPINION. If they had replied like that to me, I wouldn't have taken it personally. But to each their own. Alright, I got that off my chest. Feel free to bash the newbie. :)

Anyway, we just bought the Polished Metal and love it. Like others have stated before, to me, black and white are tough to keep clean. We were looking at silver, smoky topaz, and polished metal. To me, they're all pretty sweet. Mocha was different, and my wife thought about it, but it was very hard to find.

Good luck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
First time poster here. First off, I just wanted to say that I didn't think the reply from dvpatel was that bad. I noticed the words "can you please", then "please" again. Then "sorry you feel that way". Then they provided a useful link. Not exactly unwelcoming IN MY OPINION. If they had replied like that to me, I wouldn't have taken it personally. But to each their own. Alright, I got that off my chest. Feel free to bash the newbie. :)

Anyway, we just bought the Polished Metal and love it. Like others have stated before, to me, black and white are tough to keep clean. We were looking at silver, smoky topaz, and polished metal. To me, they're all pretty sweet. Mocha was different, and my wife thought about it, but it was very hard to find.

Good luck.
Trying to provide guidance on forum postings is a tough job, and I am glad I don't have to do it. For those not used to posting, it can be confusing as to where to post. I think that both poster and mod were trying to do what was right, and unfortunately in the process it seems like feelings were hurt. Hopefully time will heal...

Anyway, lithnights, I too liked the polished metal, but the wife (who will be driving it most of the time) liked the mocha. We found one at a local dealer and she was sold. From what I understand it is one of the psint colors affected by the earthquakes in Japan, and therefore the volume that they produce is limited. I guess we got lucky on that.

I am loving the Ody so far!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Trying to provide guidance on forum postings is a tough job, and I am glad I don't have to do it. For those not used to posting, it can be confusing as to where to post. I think that both poster and mod were trying to do what was right, and unfortunately in the process it seems like feelings were hurt. Hopefully time will heal...

Anyway, lithnights, I too liked the polished metal, but the wife (who will be driving it most of the time) liked the mocha. We found one at a local dealer and she was sold. From what I understand it is one of the psint colors affected by the earthquakes in Japan, and therefore the volume that they produce is limited. I guess we got lucky on that.

I am loving the Ody so far!
Interesting theory about the Mocha and the earthquakes. That actually makes a lot of sense, and I've heard it mentioned in other posts. My wife too really liked the Mocha when she first saw it, AND it was something different that we weren't seeing on the road. Now we know why. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts