• Smoky Topaz Metallic

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Celestial Blue Metallic

Votes: 2 3.2%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I voted smokey topaz metallic...however I may be biased as that is the color I bought...as it came with the Truffle interior that I love so much :)

·
Banned
728 Posts
I'm partial to white/truffle or silver/truffle. The white looks good on the touring model, but I'd pick silver if I didn't get the touring. The black strip on the EX/EX-L doesn't look that good with white.

I really like the truffle interior so I'm limited to 3 color choices and black is too high maintenance for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Smokey Topaz is nice, but it matches the Truffle interior too closely, so it looks too monotone for my taste. Just as the Polished Metal Metallic looks with the gray interior.

Needs more contrast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think polished metal looks great too.
My Element is the same exact color. But it has beige seats.

If I buy the new Odyssey, it'll be in black.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Our previous van was black, and we liked it, but two things bothered me...one, our old van always looked awful. Basically, for the first two days after it was washed, it look great--fantastic. But as soon as it started getting dirty again, it looked awful. And it showed every last little scratch. I never felt good about it.

The other thing is--I actually like the new Odyssey's styling. But upon seeing a black one, somebody remarked that it looked like a hearse. Sure enough, as soon as I read that, I could see it. And I couldn't get it out of my mind--every time I saw a black one, I thought of a hearse.

The big positive to black is that the mirrors and spoiler blend in. The black mirrors with any other color do bother me.

But...polished metal is what we went with. I really like it so far--the grill has these grey plastic pieces which I'm not crazy about, but it matches the polished metal color exactly so it looks good. And the chrome in the door handles and the back looks particularly nice. As an aside, I actually like the rear treatment of the EX/EXL better than the Touring--the chrome piece rather than clear.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We picked the Smoky Topaz for 3 reasons.
1) We do not like the black mirrors or the rear spoiler and this blended in nicely

2) We think the plastic under the grill matched this color the best. Made it a cleaner look for us.

3) Not a big fans of the lightning bolt and the darker the color the less noticeable it is.

We also think it is a cool color.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Waqs the Smoky Topaz just not in stock or CA is not getting this color? That would be odd right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am thinking of getting a 2012 Odyssey in a few months. While I like the Odyssey, I am disappointed in the color choices. I like blue but Celestial Blue seems much too light. I have never like black for a vehicle. I have never liked white for a vehicle. I don't like cherry. Smoky Topaz is apparently supposed to be a dark brown but it is so dark, it almost seems black in some lighting. I don't like Polished Metal because it looks almost black. I might like Silver except my present van is silver and I want something different. That leaves Mocha Metallic. It probably would not have been my first choice but with the limited choices available, that is my preference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the black w/ gray interior. I have been having a little color remorse I guess you'd call it :) these last couple of days because I wish I would have gone with the truffle interior instead of gray. Please tell me I'll get used to it!?!? Also the black does show everything so I'm kind of worried about that now. I just came out of a silver car so I wanted a change, or I probably would have gone with that. I do wish they made it in the navy like the older models. I liked that color and it would look great if they added a little metallic to it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got the smoky topaz because, as a pp mentioned, I don't like the black mirrors and exterior accents against the lighter colors. I also don't like the black on the dash with the grey interior. I think it looks cheap. It blends much better with the truffle interior.

Finally, like most Odyssey owners, I have kids. I didn't want a light interior that was going to get dirty after our first soccer game.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
This poll reflects pretty much my neck of the woods.

Something to consider, the most popular colors look good and shiny when new and clean, but the majority of the minivan owners here don't seem to care much after 3-6 months of ownership, so all the dark colored (and black) minivans look like crap, all dirty and run-down, that basically kills the good looking color intention. Silvers, whites, mochas hide the dirt much better on the other hand.

I'm surprised about the light interior, it does not show dirt as many people believe it does. My other car has dark interior, and it shows marks (i.e. shoes) all over the place, especially during snowy winters

·
Registered
241 Posts
i chose polished metallic for ease of maintenance and nice contrast with black plastic.
+1. I remember reading someone mentioning about how the front grill's black plastic pieces disappear with polished gun metallic, so true.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I opted for the Mocha Metallic w/ Beige leather for our EXL-RES. Living in southern GA, it gets HOT down here and I've found that the much lighter colors really do help keep the vehicle cooler in summer or warmer weather (almost 8 months a year here). Out trade in was a 2004 Pilot (silver) and my wife loves her 2004 Accord (also silver).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts