Honda Odyssey Forum banner
221 - 240 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
So Is OEM fog light backlighting the same bulb that goes in the side, that seems to be the only one out for me. I may just swap with VSA switch I have never once used that. Don't even know what it would do, I know something to do with vehicle stability (does it turn off ABS?)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm thinking now that I look at my dash, I have a few lights out for my HVAC controls that I never even noticed before. Guess I have another project now.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm thinking now that I look at my dash, I have a few lights out for my HVAC controls that I never even noticed before. Guess I have another project now.
How many miles, it must be a night time driving thing, I bet very few hours on my car from previous elderly owner (RIP) was at night. Which is why at 17 years and 112k only one is out ...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
How many miles, it must be a night time driving thing, I bet very few hours on my car from previous elderly owner (RIP) was at night. Which is why at 17 years and 112k only one is out ...
175k 16 years and none of my lights are out. (Knock on wood)
Weirdly, I did have some HVAC control back lights go out and about a month after, it just came back and that was like few years back.

·
Registered
366 Posts
@madmanjustice Do you have part numbers for that blue bulb? Anybody know of a local RadioShack or Amazon equivalent?
BTW it looks like a typical dash backlight bulb for every other car I have had since the 80s... Lol. I bet you can just get raw LEDs and put them in that little rubber grommet and bend the legs as needed. That said I do not know what voltage it is so to match brightness and hue order the bulb...
You can just replace the bulb if you can find it. I got mine at radioshack when they were still around and replace. I still have another one. I'll see if I still have the packaging with the model#

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not certain, I will look Tonight, try twisting trip reset stalk. Do you have an owners manual, if so when all else fails read that (lol, I know it feels like surrendering and I avoid it but there can be nice info there). They changed stuff a bit in 2008 so not sure if it is the same, but I know I have adjusted it... Confirmed yes twisting trip reset stalk does it and all dash backlighting (and switches) dim. Was gonna swap VSA and foglight switch bit foglight has Brite green (non dimming) light when they are on and in right side socket the steering wheel actually blocks it ...

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
It's hiding in your Owner's Manual:
Font Parallel Number Paper Document

Don't have an Owner's Manual? Download it from owners.honda.com.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Honestly not where I would have expected it. Thanks
Confirming mine dim with dash. Also did not realize I have three out, the nerve! Also did not realize "passenger airbag" and hazard triangle are backlit and dim (but hazard does not flash when running) madman how much was your kit of 6 bulbs and source?

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Wow, that's a new one. I only thought it will dim ONLY the cluster brightness and not the other instrument panels. Now I am intrigue to check.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Wow, that's a new one. I only thought it will dim ONLY the cluster brightness and not the other instrument panels. Now I am intrigue to check.
I also had to check, and they sure do dim along with the instrument cluster.

221 - 240 of 261 Posts