241 - 260 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Odyssey EX Slate Metallic Green
74 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
As far as what I've done to the 3rd gen... New AC condenser yesterday, replaced the axles and front brakes a couple of months ago....

For anyone working on any AC issues, do yourself a favor and find a local independent AC repair shop. Dealer and a larger AC repair shop quoted me $2,500+ to fix AC, said compressor was shot and everything needed to be replaced. Took it to the local shop, we found a leak in the condenser, and $340 later I have cold AC. ❄

Next is to swap the blend door actuator on driver's side, and the air mode mix behind the glove box. AC shop showed me quotes to replace both, 30 minutes of labor for each. Dealer said 2 hours for the blend door, and 3 hour for the air mode mix motor. 🤬

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
For anyone working on any AC issues, do yourself a favor and find a local independent AC repair shop. Dealer and a larger AC repair shop quoted me $2,500+ to fix AC, said compressor was shot and everything needed to be replaced. Took it to the local shop, we found a leak in the condenser, and $340 later I have cold AC. ❄
Yep. You'll want a good shop to recharge your A/C properly anyway.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Those bulbs look identical to the ones that Honda uses for lighting on their motorcycle gauges, have some spares from a '96 CBR 600 F3 that I'm working on, am going to give them a shot.
Any package with the bulbs you have left over. Kinda galls me Honda wants about $7 for what's worth about 20 cents ... Even the eBay "deal" of 6 bulbs for $15 is still kinda highway...

·
Registered
53 Posts
As far as what I've done to the 3rd gen... New AC condenser yesterday, replaced the axles and front brakes a couple of months ago....

Next is to swap the blend door actuator on driver's side, and the air mode mix behind the glove box. AC shop showed me quotes to replace both, 30 minutes of labor for each. Dealer said 2 hours for the blend door, and 3 hour for the air mode mix motor. 🤬
For the front axles what brand did you go with? Does anybody know the OE for Honda axles?

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
For the front axles what brand did you go with? Does anybody know the OE for Honda axles?
Stick with genuine Honda axles. Don’t consider aftermarket. A new Honda axle is about $200. Do both sides.

Reactions: chobes

·
Registered
52 Posts
Replaced Spool Valve, Mobil 1 Oil & Filter change... awaiting on extra coins to do the complete PS Pump, Hoses, Clamps, Reservoir, O Rings and finally rear springs and mounts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Replaced Spool Valve, Mobil 1 Oil & Filter change... awaiting on extra coins to do the complete PS Pump, Hoses, Clamps, Reservoir, O Rings and finally rear springs and mounts.
What’s going on with the power steering? Are you sure all of the components are bad? Mine was acting up and all I needed to do was replace the O-rings and do a complete flush using genuine Honda fluid (to get the air out of the system).

·
Registered
52 Posts
What’s going on with the power steering? Are you sure all of the components are bad? Mine was acting up and all I needed to do was replace the O-rings and do a complete flush using genuine Honda fluid (to get the air out of the system).
It is the original pump - the O rings are still good - no air in the system. Have a slight whine still figured if I was going to replace it might as well do it all.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 · (Edited)
Not quite my 3rd gen, but I helped my cousin remove the door panel and lubricate his sticking sliding door release actuator today on his Touring. It's the third time I've been inside the sliding door panel.

By far the thing that was giving me the most trouble was the pesky clip on the door handle. It came out effortlessly the first time I did one of these, the second time it gave me a little trouble but came out with the right methods. This time it took 10-15 minutes easily. But after that it was smooth sailing. Taking out the clip probably took longer than the entire rest of the job...

The results make it worth it though. Smooth unlatching during operation.

I was a little surprised to see that his center roller is in excellent condition, no play in it at all.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Not quite my 3rd gen, but I helped my cousin remove the door panel and lubricate his sticking sliding door release actuator today on his Touring. It's the third time I've been inside the sliding door panel.

By far the thing that was giving me the most trouble was the pesky clip on the door handle. It came out effortlessly the first time I did one of these, the second time it gave me a little trouble but came out with the right methods. This time it took 10-15 minutes easily. But after that it was smooth sailing. Taking out the clip probably took longer than the entire rest of the job...

The results make it worth it though. Smooth unlatching during operation.

I was a little surprised to see that his center roller is in excellent condition, no play in it at all.
Did you use the t-shirt method? It worked quite well for me the last time--it popped out less than 10 seconds. I covered the whole thing with another shirt to catch the clip.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey Touring
537 Posts
Took advantage of the warm weather today to hand wash it before the temperature plummets overnight tonight. It was pretty dirty covered with salt spray from when I was on the Gulf coast for the holidays.

So nice to get everything clean and the brake dust off the wheels.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
Did you use the t-shirt method? It worked quite well for me the last time--it popped out less than 10 seconds. I covered the whole thing with another shirt to catch the clip.
I did try using the rag method. The first time I did this the rag worked instantly, second time it wasn't very effective and I just used a small flathead. This time it helped a little but I still needed the small flathead.

241 - 260 of 261 Posts