Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to hear what everyone that traded in their Odyssey got for the 2002?
Please list your Trade-in Year and Model, Milage, State that you reside in, and what model 2002 Odyssey you now have.
We're going to be trading in our 2001 SS EX with 5,000 miles for a 2002 SS EX-L RES. We're hoping the DVD system will soothe the children so WE can enjoy the ride!

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just curious which dealer you went through. We've are expecting our 2002 GG EXL-RES any day now, from Fox Honda in Auburn. We had orginally ordered from Honda City in Liverpool, but decided against the SS because of all the paint issues.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got 20K form my 99 EX with 48000 miles. The 02 EXL was window sticker plus $300 extra for a tape player. I am a books on tape nut.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dealer would have given me CDN$17000-ish for my 99 Accord EX, chose instead to sell privately for CDN$19K.

Worth the effort in my mind.

·
Registered
207 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A. B. Hair:
I got 20K form my 99 EX with 48000 miles. </font>
I don't know how yours was configured, A.B., but wasn't the base MSRP of a 99 EX around $26k? The MSRP for a 99 Windstar SE was $27k yet, with 48k miles, I get a trade-in value of less than $13k.

Sorry for the thread drift. It's just that the value these vans retain continues to astound me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Homer - Before I went ato the dealer for a deal I got the Edmunds figures in wholesale and retail. I printed this out and left it on the console in the van when the dealer's man drove it to evaluate. I considered it was very clean for the model and miles. There first offer was 19500. I told them I would not consider less than 20K. I had Michlen tires with just 5k on them and only two minor scratches. I refused all the $500 wax jobs and insisted on sticker plus the tape player. They took it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Got $17K Cdn for my '98 Windstar with 28K (km) on it. Had to move considering value was decreasing daily.

2002 RRP EX

·
Registered
628 Posts
In north central Illinois I got $23,400 for a 2000 Ody MB EX with 27,000 (near perfect condition) against a 2002 GG EX-L at MSRP. I did give them the '00 two weeks ago and won't be getting the '02 until Dec or Jan.

------------------
Mike Lowary
'00 traded-in
'02 ordered

[This message has been edited by sixtn39 (edited 10-23-2001).]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We went to John Holtz in Rochester, NY.
Our first experience with them was good in purchasing the 2001 EX at MSRP in about 2 weeks wait time last April. But they're now trying to tell us they'll only give $23,000 for a 2001 SS EX trade-in with only 5,000 miles for the 2002 SS EX-L RES. This just doesn't seem reasonable considering what other's have gotten.
We love the SS color. I figure if something could happen to the sprayer for the SS--it could happen to any of the other colors as well.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odyodyody:
Just curious which dealer you went through. We've are expecting our 2002 GG EXL-RES any day now, from Fox Honda in Auburn. We had orginally ordered from Honda City in Liverpool, but decided against the SS because of all the paint issues.

</font>

·
Registered
122 Posts
I trade my one year old 2001 GG EX (Bought on 9-16-00 on Sept 29th, 2001 for $24,200 trade-in with 22K miles.

Paid MSRP for a MB EXL-RES and added a Honda subwoofer for $284.00 installed.

Was supposed to receive the van around 2nd week of November, but got moved up and received the van on Oct 19th.

Also my previous loan was at 7.25%/48 months and got 3.9%/48 months from American Honda Finance. So for the same amount of car payments as last year, I got A Honda DVD system, leather, plus all the goodies for no add'l $$.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts