Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new here. I love Hondas. I have owned 6 in my life time. I now have a 2000 Odyssey that I got from a tow yard. I've had it since 212K miles and now it's at 221K. Since we got it it has had transmission issues. It hesitates to shift into 2nd and when it does it slams into gear. I can allievate it by taking my foot off of the accelerator. We changed fluid and added Lucas still no change. So it's been like this for 8K miles. QUESTION: Would it be worth getting a new tranny if this one goes out? It has high miles and I am not sure if I want to put that much money into it. Would it be worth trading in on a newer model (05 up)? Or drive it until it dies and sell it as a parts car? I know the 99-04's are notorious for tranny problems. Any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Not knowing anything about the service history of a vehicle with over 200k miles, I would be hard pressed to invest any $$ in a new tranny. Now if you are confident that the other service history of this vehicle is completely up to date, the timing belt has been replaced (twice now) and the van is in otherwise top-notch condition, then I MIGHT think about it....but probably not worth the investment. Now if you are mechanically inclined and can pick up a used tranny cheap and swap it out yourself, that might be another story.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts