Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the kit that said New car kit by Meguiar's !
It came out really nice but i seen pictures of some your hondas
and your car's are looking very nice and shiny!:) can you share what you use? My problem is that the black trim next to the window always look dull and I used black trim cream looks nice for 2 days then bad:frown:.
so i would love to know your tips please if you can share!

·
Registered
57 Posts
The reason people take the picture of the car when it's shiny is cause it'll only be that way for 8minutes. Maguires is real good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Keep your car away from trees, sap and falling acorns. Then take it to the car wash once a week. Get into a special car cash club to save some moolah so you can get a nice wash each time.

Honestly that seems to be all you really need to do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really like Meguiar's NXT Generation Car Wash. The NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 is also excellent (it's really more of a sealant than a wax). I also use some Griot's Garage products to take care of my cars.

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Did you know that there is a dedicated detailing forum?

·
Registered
507 Posts
On my car I use Prima Auto Care products. I use their Mystique to wash and Hyrdo for a quick spray wax. They have other products for waxing as well. I use Leather Master for the interior.

I don't usually like armor all but I'm going to try their new wheel protectant to avoid some of the brake dust and to make washing the wheels easier.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:)
THanks so much! we park the van inside the garge all the time. we love the Meguiar's but just wondering if there was more out there. sorry i will not post this again. I had no idea there was a detailing forum. i will not post this again i will go there. thanks!:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought the kit that said New car kit by Meguiar's !
It came out really nice but i seen pictures of some your hondas
and your car's are looking very nice and shiny!:) can you share what you use? My problem is that the black trim next to the window always look dull and I used black trim cream looks nice for 2 days then bad:frown:.
so i would love to know your tips please if you can share!
I normally use the 12 year old next door who does a great job. Girls do a better job overall than boys. Avoid spoiled teenagers over 16 if possible; they will leave unclean spots all over the place.

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use Meguiar's professional compounds and polishes for correction, 3M Ultrafina for a really superb finishing polish, Meguiar's gold class car shampoo is the absolute best off the shelf shampoo you can get easily.

I run an extremely high-end detailing business. Www.ocdetailingva.com. Check out my website for some of the cars I've done or do a google search for "o.c.detailing Lynchburg" for even more!

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I rinse first with water then soap using Gilmour Foamaster Gun with something similar to Meguiar's D111 Shampoo Plus. Then I handwash with 2 bucket method with grit guards in each bucket and a Meguiar's Deep Pile Microfiber mitt. I then proceed to clay the car with Meguire's Last Touch as a lubricant.

After that step I use 105 with my Porter Cable 7424XP, wipe that off with microfiber towel, and then go over it again with 205. I then wipe that off and finally add 2-3 coats of single step wax+sealant.

Interior I use 1Z cockpit premium and 303 protectant

My APC(all purpose cleaner)

For my tires and the occasionally engine bay

Leather i plan to use Lexol leather products

·
Registered
313 Posts
Lots of good advice so far. My 2 cents: I have good success using Collinite 476S wax and 845 insulator wax on my cars. They seem to last a good 6 months (use 2 applications about a week apart with a wash in between for best results).

·
Registered
69 Posts
what about Zaino???
I've been using Zaino Z7, and I'm not impressed. The suds factor just isn't what it should be IMO.

I like Duragloss 901, Chemical Guys Citrus and Optimum No Rinse
How do you like the Chemical Guys Citrus? That's what I think I'm going to try next.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts