Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot about Zaino and I’m sure it is a very good product but is there anything else out there that I can get locally that does a very good job as well? I just took delivery of a new LX and would love to hear your detailing steps so that I start off on the right foot.

I’ve heard some good things regarding Mothers and Meguiars and would like your opinion on these options, as well as your favorite locally available product.

From what I have read thus far, I was going to keep it washed and cleaned for the next month or two and then start my cleaning regiment with 3M Imperial Hand Glaze followed by either Mothers or Meguiars wax.

There are so many options with theses products that I do not know which one of their products to use. I have also read that P21S wax is also a very nice product but I could not get this local either. As you can see, I’m very confused here and help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love One Grand's Blitz Wax. Easy on and off and lasts great. Much less expensive than Zylmol. Hard to find in local shops but Larry at Car Care Specialties has it at good prices.

http://www.carcarespecialties.com/

I'm not associated with Larry, just a satisfied customer.

Keep in mind that most of these products are waxes with no cleaning capability. I use PS21's paint cleaner about twice a year and wax about 4 times a year. If your car is brand new, I would discourage using a cleaner until the paint is about 4 months old. You can find the build date of your car by looking in the driver's side door jamb.

·
Registered
747 Posts
There was a test going on at http://thewaxtest.com but I looked today and it was down. Everyone is going to have opinions about which is better. To me it is a combination of application ease and durability. Zaino was easy to put on, and so far looks pretty good after about 4 months. I would suggest that you try some of the less expensive Zaino alternatives for yourself to see how you like them. I think you can only really get a good idea by personal experience. If the above website is ever up, it provided some actual data FWIW.

·
Registered
192 Posts
thewaxtest guys posted on another forum that they were in the middle of changing their hosting company and reorganizing their site. They also plan on retesting some of the products and putting out new results. There was no mention of when their site would be back up, only soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts