Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious what the normal interest rate is that everyone is getting on their odys. Also, if you don't mind, what did you put down?

I'm told our ody should be in on Tuesday and trying to prepare for the interest rate game if it happens. We are planning to put 1/2 down if the rate is good enough. I was told by my local dealer that they do 0% if 1/2 is down, but we aren't buying from them and I have been laughed at by other dealers just mentioning it

Thanks!!

OddGrinch

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Oddgrinch,

I picked up my Ody January 7. I put down $6k, and financed through Honda for 5 years at 5.9%....

Dennis

------------------

·
Registered
59 Posts
I picked up my Ody December 20th. I financed through Honda at 5.9%. I'd make your guy put it in writing because NO HONDA dealer I'm aware of is offering 0% even with half down. Good Luck!

Larry

[This message has been edited by Shadowman (edited 01-13-2002).]

·
Registered
854 Posts
do a search on interest rates here on this forum and the general forum. yu will get some good info.

the most importan thing is to get an approved loan from the internet (peoplefirst or eloan) or your credit union. the dealer will almost always beat it because they want to get paid quickly. with internet financing it takes a while and more paperwork for them to get paid.

I got 5.64 through peoplefirst via costco website and the delaler beat it through chase. 5.44

H

·
0 Posts
I got a 5.9%/48 month deal from PeopleFirst. When I presented the check to my Honda dealer, they beat it with a 5.4%/60 month deal. I can't complain.

I put $15K down. But my dealer said that the amount of down payment didn't really affect the rate that much.

None of the 4 dealers I talked to knew anything about 0%.

-- Hoa

------------------
GG 2002 EX-L-NAVI

[This message has been edited by Hoa (edited 01-14-2002).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Financed our 02 Ody that we purchased Nov 01' at 5.9% with Peoplefirst. My honda dealer said, he couldn't compete with that rate. We put in 5K down payment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up my 02 Odyssey Jan. 4th. I had a pre-approve loan from HP Federal Credit Union @ 5.5%, but Honda beat that rate by .25%, so I went with Honda Finance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Purchased in November and financed for 5 years at 5.79% through Honda.

------------------
Scott.
'02 SS EX

·
Registered
33 Posts
Purchased on Nov 28 with 5.98% (60 months) from Honda Finance through dealership. At first the dealership was offering 6.25% (60 months). Once I showed them People First's 5.94 % (60 months) offer, they came down to 5.98%.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smw:
Purchased in November and financed for 5 years at 5.79% through Honda.

</font>

------------------
A Porsche soul in a minivan body :)
----

2002 White EX
Fog Lights, Splash Guards (looking for interesting mods)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts