Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the Odyssey, who makes this unit, what are it's specs??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in an earlier post I saw a 30 or 40 watt rating by a poster

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I believe it is manufactured by Pioneer, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Based on experience, the power is pretty dismal... 30 or 40 watts? Well, maybe max, for a microsecond. But seriously, look for fairly efficient speakers if you plan on keeping the factory head unit and want to upgrade. My guess is that RMS, like most cheapy factory heads, this one is in the 10-12 W range.

-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
Registered
139 Posts
shinjohn, this goes back to my Edmunds Ody forum days, but seems to me I remember the 99 thru 01 EX CD units as made by Panasonic and the LX cassette as a Clarion.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dlh2:
shinjohn, this goes back to my Edmunds Ody forum days, but seems to me I remember the 99 thru 01 EX CD units as made by Panasonic and the LX cassette as a Clarion. </font>
Thanks. There I go runnin' my mouth without all the knowledge. I'll file away that bit of info so I don't get it wrong again.

-SJ

p.s.- what's the link to your fototime gallery again?

·
Registered
139 Posts
shinjohn, Here is a link to my phototime gallery:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/0D9372C5F75B16A

I haven't figured out how to attach it to my posts without login into my PhotoTime gallery, generating a new URL, cutting it, then pasting it to my OdyClub posts. A real pain. Maybe Chuck or somebody can help me out on that.

[This message has been edited by dlh2 (edited 10-23-2001).]

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dlh2:
shinjohn, Here is a link to my phototime gallery:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/0D9372C5F75B16A

I haven't figured out how to attach it to my posts without login into my PhotoTime gallery, generating a new URL, cutting it, then pasting it to my OdyClub posts. A real pain. Maybe Chuck or somebody can help me out on that.

[This message has been edited by dlh2 (edited 10-23-2001).]
</font>
Log in to FotoTime, go to Share Pictures, Create Link to Pictures (URL), create the link to whatever pics you want others to be able to access, copy and paste the link into your OdyClub sig or post or whatever. Clicking on that link will direct viewers to the pics you shared without requiring a login.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks Chuck,I knew you would come thru! I'll give it a try tomorrow. BTW, I'm finding it interesting following threads from the new 02 owners. Everyone was excited about Honda's improvements like rear disks, horsepower increase, leather, video system, up-graded stereo,5-speed trans,lower NHV levels, etc. It's funny though, nagging problems and disappointments that go all the way back to the 99 are still around! Pretty sad! Maybe Toyota is listening and will give us what we want.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FuryNSX:
So, just to confirm, are we looking about 10-15 watts RMS? And per channel?
</font>
Based on my "guess" yes, per channel.

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts