Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some orange spots in my driveway and decided to check under that van to see where it was coming from. Looks like its coming from the front engine mount. The mount looks intact from every angle that I can view it from but can't see where it connects to the engine. Anyone seen this before from a blown front mount? Or should I be looking elsewhere?

2008 Touring VCM Tuner

Attachments

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
First thing I would check is coolant reservoir to confirm coolant is clear and not mixed with engine oil which will make this sort of color (on some brands). It would indicate head gasket leak.

Otherwise, I have no clue unfortunately.

EDIT: Open the coolant cap (when engine is cold) and confirm. Not just reservoir.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Looked like rusted liquid.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First thing I would check is coolant reservoir to confirm coolant is clear and not mixed with engine oil which will make this sort of color (on some brands). It would indicate head gasket leak.

Otherwise, I have no clue unfortunately.

EDIT: Open the coolant cap (when engine is cold) and confirm. Not just reservoir.
The coolant is still blue and the oil is still brown. Good point. Thanks.

·
Registered
843 Posts
So all fluids levels are normal..

Seems the van got it from road. Can you clean it thoroughly and check again after few days?

The A/C evaporator drain tube, is not blocked right?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So all fluids levels are normal..

Seems the van got it from road. Can you clean it thoroughly and check again after few days?

The A/C evaporator drain tube, is not blocked right?
Fluid levels all normal. Just replaced the power steering and trans fluid last weekend. Oil changed about a month ago. Coolant level in the reservoir at max line.

In the front of the engine so couldn't be the AC drain tube but checked it and its OK.

Looking at the mount again I noticed a deflated spot near the front. Maybe it is the mount.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Mount have oil in it. Does this feels like oily? Can you feel it oily around the mount? Also if i remember right, it was a different color.. not sure.

With VCM engine, mount is not cheap :(

·
Banned
279 Posts
I noticed some orange spots in my driveway and decided to check under that van to see where it was coming from. Looks like its coming from the front engine mount. The mount looks intact from every angle that I can view it from but can't see where it connects to the engine. Anyone seen this before from a blown front mount? Or should I be looking elsewhere?

2008 Touring VCM Tuner
sorry, it's the dreaded orange oil, here in Florida we see it a lot from carrying to many oranges under the hood sometimes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts