Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real new here...and here is my first issue. I have a 2007 touring and there is this annoying little whine that comes on at exactly 30 mph and goes away at exactly 35 mph. Can't hear it if I take my foot off of the gas.:confused: Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
in my situation with whining noises, which I ignored because it came and went, it suddenly died on me in route which came out to be the alternator. Looked under the hood and the alternator was smoking. Turned the ignition on and got nothing at all, no dash lights - nothing. Looking back, the only warning that I got was at one point I noticed my headlights one night slightly dimming in a pulsating manner, but that went away as well and never occurred again. I'm planning to get the alternator changed/replaced to see if it'll crank again and will keep you guys updated on the outcome.

·
Registered
13,473 Posts
in my situation with whining noises, which I ignored because it came and went, it suddenly died on me in route which came out to be the alternator. Looked under the hood and the alternator was smoking. Turned the ignition on and got nothing at all, no dash lights - nothing. Looking back, the only warning that I got was at one point I noticed my headlights one night slightly dimming in a pulsating manner, but that went away as well and never occurred again. I'm planning to get the alternator changed/replaced to see if it'll crank again and will keep you guys updated on the outcome.
You realize this is a 9 year old thread, right?

Sounds like shorted diodes in the alternator. Most likely it cooked your battery too. I'd recommend replacing with a Denso reman alternator and a new battery. Don't use the parts house brand alternators (carquest, duralast, etc.) as they do not put out the rated amperage and will cause issues down the road. Denso only. Whatever you do, do not put a new alternator on and then expect it to charge a dead battery. You'll ruin the new alternator in short order. Make sure the battery is fully charged (or new) before starting the vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts