Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Vpower Nkg plugs.

Pretty standard on Hondas and cheap too. Shouldn't cost you more than 25 bucks.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Use what the manual says, I think it's also written on the sticker under the hood. They last 100k so worth the $$.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I used v power for 60k no problems.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would stick with NGK and, of course, the proper plugs in the sense that the heat range is correct, etc.

The NGK site will give you a list of plugs for your vehicle/application:

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com

Up to and including the 2004 model year, V-Power plugs are listed as an option.

I am currently running V-Power in my 2001 (now with about 25K on them after I removed the stock plugs at about 125K). Very good so far.

I actually intended to put in G-Power (single platinum) but the store I went to was out - even though on the phone they said they had them in stock.

Anyway, V-Power or G-Power or Laser Platinum (double platinum) are all OK but, of course, the service interval differs significantly between the plugs. There is also a very big difference in price...

Don't sweat it. If you don't mind a shorter service interval, then there is no problem.

And Denso spark plugs are a fine (likely equivalent) alternative to NGK. But I would go with one of these two rather than some other brand.

I was tickled to see that someone else was running V-Power plugs. But gregersonke, my guess is that you've probably got about all you are going to get out of those plugs at 60K without suffering in way of performance (or, at least, you are getting close to that situation) ...

Cheers.

EDIT: By the way, I'm not advocating using V-Power plugs - I'm just saying that they are a viable alternative to the "Laser" plugs (at least for a range of model years). As I mentioned, I wanted to use G-Power (and when I replace the V-Power that is what I will replace them with). G-Power are very good platinum plugs (with a fine electrode just like the Laser Platinum) that you can get for less than $3.00 apiece. Indeed, in my area O'Reilly Auto has the G-Power for $2.59, the V-Power for $1.99, the Iridium IX for $6.99, and the Laser Platinum for $9.99. From what I've read, the G-Power provides the most "bang for the buck".

If I had more confidence in my van (in terms of the tranny) - rather than thinking its time is limited - I might have used the stock plugs when I did the original replacement at 125K. They are expensive, but they are very solid. But ... two sets of G-Power will go further than a single set of Laser Platinum ... hmm. Sorry for the ramble.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Seriously doing the plugs on the ody is a 20 minute job at worst.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts