Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I had the unfortunate event that all my side glass windows were smashed by some punks. I just filed a claim with my insurance but I guess when they are taking the claim and ordering the glass they had choice of either glass with a green tint or a grey tint. I am not sure but told them it was the green tint. When I go outside to my car and put a white piece of paper against the window, to me it looks sort of greenish. What do you guys think the factory tint shade is? I could really use some opinions and help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Elite | Platinum White Pearl | J35Y6
624 Posts
Hi all, I had the unfortunate event that all my side glass windows were smashed by some punks. I just filed a claim with my insurance but I guess when they are taking the claim and ordering the glass they had choice of either glass with a green tint or a grey tint. I am not sure but told them it was the green tint. When I go outside to my car and put a white piece of paper against the window, to me it looks sort of greenish. What do you guys think the factory tint shade is? I could really use some opinions and help.

Thanks!
Sorry to hear... the stock tinted glass on our 2020 Elite's is layered glass with pieces sandwiched together in order to reduce dB's in the cabin. Since your insurance is replacing the glass, make sure that they replace it with the same glass that come on the Elite's as they are 35% tinted glass so it'll be 1:1 as before.

Our tinted glass does not have tinted film... Just make sure that they don't cheap out on you and try to replace your glass with the clear non layered ones that come on the lower trims + just add a tint film to it... Demand to replace it with an OEM layered glass for the Elite, just as it was....

Good luck and keep us posted!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts