Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 02 redrock exres coming in mid sept. i was thinking about replacing the front door speakers.if i go to the 3 way speaker will the tweeter in the dash work?i'm looking at pioneer tsa1665/1663 also eclipse 82641 or polk.i like very cean not a stadic.i'm keeping the stock radio. so i don't know if i should go 3way or 2way?does anybody know if they kept the 4" speaker in back or they went larger? thank you

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mojo:
hi i have a 02 redrock exres coming in mid sept. i was thinking about replacing the front door speakers.if i go to the 3 way speaker will the tweeter in the dash work?
</font>
Regardless of what speaker you put in the door, the dash tweeter will always work and play unless you disconnect it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
i'm looking at pioneer tsa1665/1663 also eclipse 82641 or polk.i like very cean not a stadic.i'm keeping the stock radio. so i don't know if i should go 3way or 2way?
</font>
Sound quality is subjective. Let your ears tell you what you like and go with that. How many drivers the speaker has doesn't tell you if they will sound good to you per se. If you are looking for some opinions, search the forums for comments on: Pioneer 16xx series, infinity 652i, boston acoustics, sony xplod, mb quart, etc.... Alot of people are gravitating toward the Pioneer 1695 these days...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
does anybody know if they kept the 4" speaker in back or they went larger? thank you
</font>
here's a link to the post on trying to fit 5 1/4" speakers in the back...

http://www.odyclub.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000085.html

Good Luck,
SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts