Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like people are starting to get their VINs, build dates, shipping info etc. (even the actual vehicle) yet MY dealer has NO information whatsoever for me! He can't tell if or when my choice will be available-might be this month, might be next...
He doesn't seem to be doing much to work with me on this, just keeps telling me that I'm first on the list, when one comes in it will be mine. I am going to start calling around to some other local dealers and at least get on their "list"- of course now I will be number 10 million or so!

Maybe I'm just over anxious since people are starting to get their Odys and I still have no idea when mine will be in... OK, I'm done venting now-just a little frustrated with the dealer's lack of initiative.

------------------
On the waiting list for my '02 EX Nav in RED!

[This message has been edited by ody (edited 09-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ody (edited 09-08-2001).]

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm the same boat as you... or I was anyway.

Friday I spoke w/ the fleet manager and found out what was up. My salesperson was clueless or just not motivated to communicate effectively with me.

Call and ask for the new cars fleet manager or the new car sales manager. Then ask them about 2002 Odyssey allocations/orders, and tell them about your spot on the waiting list and what van you want. They will be able to tell you what is coming in when for Sept (roughly or specifically depending on the day of the month that they do their business on), and might have some info on orders for Oct.

Tell them you're worried they are going to sell out from under you.. that worked for me

------------------
2002 Mesa Beige EX-L-RES - on order
2001 Mesa Beige EX - recently sold

P

·
0 Posts
Join the club, Ody.

(sorry, that was the lamest pun I've ever used, but I couldn't resist!).

Hopefully we'll get some information on Monday. Could you possibly be buying from Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano?

I'm gonna use that 'don't want you selling my van out from under me' trick.

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Registered
196 Posts
Don't feel too bad boys and girls. I'm dealing direct with American Honda (no dealer involved) and I still haven't received a build date. The mediator dealing with my 01 replacement is waiting for an answer from their traffic manager. I'm supposed to get the 1st MB EX-L allocated to our area. Could of had GG or SS by now but I'm holding out for MB.

------------------
Tom
2002 MB EX-L Soon!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm in the same boat!! All I hear is "sometime" in October. I ordered over a month ago. Someone said in a different post that they may be releasing October build info on Sept 20th. We'll see!

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ooo...! That would be good news. I was originally told November, then October, now I her "maybe early October." But of course, no actual information.

- Darell

------------------
"Some people say you can't take it with you. I'm taking it with me." - Steve Marin
Future: 2002 EXL-NAV, TW (with RES wanted!)
Current: 2001 Civic EX, silver
Leaving: 2001 Volvo V70 T5, white/graphite

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys-it's encouraging to know I'm not the only one in this boat. Misery loves company I guess (no, I'm not literally miserable!
)

pummal-good advice, I just want to be diplomatic and not piss off the guy I'm working with too.

poodleluvr-"Join the club, Ody." LOL-good one!
No I'm waiting for Robertson Palmdale to come through for me. Your Ody (wherever it may be) is "safe"!

------------------
On the waiting list for my '02 EX Nav in RED!

P

·
0 Posts
It better be or I'll be mad when my step dad bugs the dealer for information tomorrow.

I want my van!!! This is taking forever, and I'm getting sooo sick of cramming into the back of our tin can Toyota with my three year old brother (but we're not gonna use the captain's in the Ody

Michelle

------------------

• 1995 Civic Teal DX Coupe
  • 2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!)
  • 1987 Blue Civic Sedan
  • 1990 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable
  • '86 Silver Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream Motorcycle

·
Registered
596 Posts
All this anguish! When I ordered my Odyssey, I happened to call on a day when the sales manager was ordering a four van allocation. He asked what color I wanted and said it would arrive in five or six weeks. You can imagine my surprise, when, three weeks later, I got a call telling me I could pick my Odyssey up the next day. Totally painless, except for paying for it, Hee! Hee!

Jerry O. 2001 GG LX

1 - 10 of 10 Posts