Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking for a pre-owned Ody in the 2007-2009 year range. I remember when we bought our 1999 there were transmission issues, but the previous owner had it replaced under warranty prior to selling it, so we were OK.

Is there anything in particular to be aware of when looking at the '07-'09 models? It seems like most every year and model of vehicle has some quirk to be aware of.

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
205 Posts
We're looking for a pre-owned Ody in the 2007-2009 year range. I remember when we bought our 1999 there were transmission issues, but the previous owner had it replaced under warranty prior to selling it, so we were OK.

Is there anything in particular to be aware of when looking at the '07-'09 models? It seems like most every year and model of vehicle has some quirk to be aware of.

Thanks,

Ron
You can browse through the technical service bulletins for the model years you are interested. There will be some duplication since some cover multiple years.
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-20...letins-tsb-honda-service-news.html#post470274

For my 2008, the only issues I had were covered by recalls, they were the softbrakes and Transmission Judder. But if you read the all TSB's there were a variety of problems. If the TSB is limited to certain VIN's even then not all vehicles were affected. For me, I didn't think my brakes were soft or spongy but the recall did get the pedal up an inch. As for the transmission, I had one occurance were the vehicle really shuddered. The recall adjusted the shift points so it was actually easier to drive in a snowstorm after the new software was installed.

·
Registered
380 Posts
What Moxie said, and if I recall, the Tires on the Touring trim may also be those run-flats that are so incredibly expensive to replace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts