Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I'm looking for a replacement battery for 2000 Ody EX-L. I think I found a pretty good one at Or'eilly AutoPart for $79.99 minus $12 core with 6 years P/R warranty 2 years replacement, 650CA, 550CCA, 90CA reserve.

Please advice if you find a better deal;)

AutoZone-same price and warranty but with 50A more in the CA&CCA&110 reserve setting, only $5 core:huh:

Interstate-more expensive with about the same/close to above output but less warranty with $15 core.

Thanks you guys are the best!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Battery Replacement

If you have access to Costco I would give then a try. Picked up one for a Mazda Protege that was cheaper and had a longer warranty than AutoZone or Advanced.

·
Registered
539 Posts
+1 for Costco. Walmart batteries also good. Both made by Johnson Controls.

Out where I live, O'Reilly's (formerly Schucks) used to carry Exide and I have NEVER had good luck with them. Don't know if they are still carrying them since being bought out.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I go with the higher end Walmart batteries. So far so good and super convenient.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Here is another vote for the Costco battery. Replaced mine last May. The Costco battery, as I remember, has a 3year no cost replacement warranty, then prorated after that.:)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did Costco stop selling car batteries? My wife asked the one by ours and they said they only do tires.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just bought one at Costco for my Ody. It was over $90 with tax.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Used to get either Costco or Sams. Last time when out of town, had to get AAA which is by Interstate. Last week noticed Firestone had a manuf rebate on Interstate. Either one of these is good. Agree on Costco $90 and AAA is $10 more (but they replace anywhere with warranty terms better than Costco).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Florida Honda Stealership $79.99 in 2011...in Florida batteries usually last ~3.5 years, so I hope to prorate at 60%.................
  • Honda Genuine Replacement Batteries are covered by a 100 month prorated warranty.
  • Proration Schedule: During the first 3 years of service – A defective replacement battery will be replaced at no cost to the customer with a new Honda Genuine Replacement Battery and installation. After the first 3 years of service – A prorated credit...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Consumer reports has given Costco batteries a top rating in their last review. So I picked one up for my Dodge Ram a few weeks ago. Good thing.....SNOWS FLYING TODAY!

·
Registered
961 Posts
I do not think there is a best. Batteries are hit and miss, and it can be size specific, and even location specific. Diehards in one car work great (7 years), in other cars I keep getting free ones as they fail before 36 months are up. Mechanics switched from Interstate to Honda OEM due to Interstate failures. A friend tells me his mechanic switched the other way. Some love Walmart batteries, my neighbor has had problems with the battery and their unwillingness to replace.

I now have a Battery Minder and every so often I put it on each car for an overnight conditioning. I also check water levels at start, mid and end of summer. That reminds me, time to do it again...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts