Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I am looking at buying a used 2007 honda oddyssey touring with all the bells and whistles,it has 100,000 km but it has the extended warranty up to 29,000 more km.They are asking 26,000$.Now keep in mind we are in northern Alberta where vehicles are typically 3000$ grand more than eastern Canada and about 4000$ more than the USA.( sucks ,I know,But what can I do)What would you be selling your '07 for?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi,

I'm in the process of shopping for an EX-L or Touring, preferably '07->'09, and the prices can vary quite a bit. But the one you looked at for $26K is not totally unreasonable (all things being equal with other '07 Tourings) despite its higher mileage, which I presume is due to the geography of where you are and the need to drive long distances.

In the end I think owner care and available transferable warranty are more crucial (to me) than the mileage alone when it comes to decision-making for any vehicle. Depends what market you are in, sometimes there's nothing you can do but to pick from what's available to you.

Having said that, is it feasible for you to shop from Edmonton or Calgary given their much bigger markets and more competitive pricing ? Even perusing Craigslist you'll likely find another Touring similar to the one you're contemplating in either Edmonton or Calgary, and likely with better pricing (again, all things being equal). Where exactly are you ? Would it be possible to buy an Ody from either of those two cities and simply drive it home ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I searched and if it's the one with "new brakes and new tires" and it passed a mechanical inspection I'd feel good to pay $25k.

When I bought mine (EX-L RES) in October I decided I couldn't justify the Touring vs EX-L RES price difference, even used (at the time $3k difference). Keep in mind in our market Tourings are a lot more rare than EX-L's for sale so if you're after only a Touring, I'd probably snap it up and pay that slight premium.

Otherwise I'd be looking at something like this: 2006 Honda Odyssey EXL Minivan - Alberta Cars For Sale - Kijiji Alberta Canada. in Calgary.

But definitely I'd get an inspection on anything I'd buy with 100k km on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow

Well I am surprised.I thought for sure folks would say get it at least 3 grand cheaper.But it is hard to find this kind of van.I know we've been looking for 4 mths now.
How long do most Oddysseys last?My mom has a Plymouth Grand Voyager 1996 and its still going strong at 350 plus KM.Why exactly are Hondas considered to be better?I've read about transmission failures on both models and door problems .

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't really answer your questions but my frame of mind is that I'm hoping from today the van will last another 10 years or 150k km (it's 5 years old with 100k km right now). I'm thinking there's going to be some significant improvements in fuel efficiency/alternatives coming in the next few years and in 10 years it'll be time to leave the van regardless.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I can't really answer your questions but my frame of mind is that I'm hoping from today the van will last another 10 years or 150k km (it's 5 years old with 100k km right now). I'm thinking there's going to be some significant improvements in fuel efficiency/alternatives coming in the next few years and in 10 years it'll be time to leave the van regardless.
I was at our local auto show a few weeks ago, and overheard Toyota sales people telling a prospective Sienna-buying couple that Toyota is planning to launch a hybrid (SynergyDrive) Sienna within 5 years time. I was surprised it would take them that long (although minivans aren't exactly segment-busters anymore), considering SynergyDrive is already in the Prius, Camry, Highlander and across pretty much the entire Lexus car line (except the SUVs).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts