Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm back shopping for a Touring or Elite Blk/Truffel.
I realize that the July4th sale with .9% apr and the summer season prob didn't help with the inventory situation.
Called local dealer and they said that can't place order until next year.
What the????????....
I still can't believe that when it's my turn to buy a minivan, this is what's going on.

What are you buyers seeing out there?

·
Registered
507 Posts
I just did a quick inventory search for my area and it looks much worse than it did when I got my van over Memorial Day weekend. I did find two Tourings after checking at least 10 dealers. They are both black but I think we are pretty far from where you live.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Call. Have dealer take a PICTURE and send it to you so you know they actually have it.

I went to my local Prescott Honda (Prescott AZ) and was told they have NO Elite Tourings and were not getting ANY in their incoming allotments. The next day I got an email saying there was NO Touring Elites available in the tri-state area. (assuming CA, AZ, NM). He said all they could do was try to push an order with Honda and hope that the first 2012 that matched our order would get redirected to their dealership.

That was weird - because I called Bell Honda in Phoenix, and Tempe Honda about an hour south of me - and found an 11 Touring Elite with Silver/Gray and bought it the very next day.

Bell Honda never called me back after saying they "believe there are 2 Touring Elites on the lot".

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have been on a list for a touring elite since May. Apparently the target production date is this week- we shall see.

I did learn that as long as you have an odyssey on order as we did- we were eligible for the 0.9% finance because of production issues- even if we did not sign 4th of July.

·
Banned
728 Posts
The dealer around the corner from my office has 6 2011 models, 4 of which are Tourings (the Canadian equivalent to the Elite), one EX and one LX. This is more inventory than the dealer had last month. I'm guessing there are no great deals to be had at this dealership (I bought ours elsewhere) and that is why they have inventory. I also noticed the dealer had a 2010 Accord EXL V6 on the lot. There was 0.9% financing and a$750.00 gas card, but no other past model allowance program from Honda. The salesman told me that they don't have allot of inventory and won't be getting much in the next while so 2010's are still in demand even though 2012's will be on the lots in 2 1/2 months.

My advice: If anyone who is thinking of buying a new car can wait 6 months, things will be much better on the inventory/price side of things.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just did a quick inventory search for my area and it looks much worse than it did when I got my van over Memorial Day weekend. I did find two Tourings after checking at least 10 dealers. They are both black but I think we are pretty far from where you live.
Awesome of you to have checked. Much appreciated!

The dealer around the corner from my office has 6 2011 models, 4 of which are Tourings (the Canadian equivalent to the Elite), one EX and one LX. This is more inventory than the dealer had last month. I'm guessing there are no great deals to be had at this dealership (I bought ours elsewhere) and that is why they have inventory. I also noticed the dealer had a 2010 Accord EXL V6 on the lot. There was 0.9% financing and a$750.00 gas card, but no other past model allowance program from Honda. The salesman told me that they don't have allot of inventory and won't be getting much in the next while so 2010's are still in demand even though 2012's will be on the lots in 2 1/2 months.

My advice: If anyone who is thinking of buying a new car can wait 6 months, things will be much better on the inventory/price side of things.
I am thinking the same here. I guess the van will pick me and not the other way around.:DD

·
Registered
6 Posts
I guess we were lucky here in Eastern Massachusetts. I bought my new Touring two weeks ago. Most of the dealerships had some stock, and I ended up buying a new Touring with the color I wanted (and 2 miles) under invoice. This particular dealer had 19 Odys on the lot. Others had a lot less, but most had a Touring our two. This one had four. Maybe it is just this area of the country. We're fortunate to have so many dealers in the area.

Love the vehicle and hope you're able to find one. Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess we were lucky here in Eastern Massachusetts. I bought my new Touring two weeks ago. Most of the dealerships had some stock, and I ended up buying a new Touring with the color I wanted (and 2 miles) under invoice. This particular dealer had 19 Odys on the lot. Others had a lot less, but most had a Touring our two. This one had four. Maybe it is just this area of the country. We're fortunate to have so many dealers in the area.

Love the vehicle and hope you're able to find one. Good luck!
Wow... under invoice? Great Job!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow... under invoice? Great Job!
Appreciate the sentiment but I honestly didn't even have to work for it. I took my lowest internet quote from a local dealer for a Touring ($37,350 + TTL) to the dealership with the color we wanted in stock. Told them I wanted it for $37,350, they came back at $37,500, and I agreed (included wheel locks). I never really even negotiated. We were done in less than 5 minutes.

According to truecar.com, the invoice is $38,371 for the Touring and the dealer cost is $37,550 in my area. I doubt I got it under dealer cost, but maybe it was a tough month (end of June).

I hope you're able to have similar luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here in Tampa FL, they all pretty much wanted msrp. I refuse to pay and walked on many occassions. For what you paid, I'd like to take 2 please.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Take 2 male and female then mate them to multiply. LOL.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here in Tampa FL, they all pretty much wanted msrp. I refuse to pay and walked on many occassions. For what you paid, I'd like to take 2 please.
It is easy to ship a car - and not too expensive during the summer - I'll bet you could buy one from a dealer in MA over the phone and have them ship it to you for $500, or incorporate the cost of shipping into your deal.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I can't believe how rare/hard to get a minivan can be!!!

htn, are you really in the market for a black van in Tampa? I think the a/c might fight a little hard with the sun in our area. (cosmetically, I agree with your choice though)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't believe how rare/hard to get a minivan can be!!!

htn, are you really in the market for a black van in Tampa? I think the a/c might fight a little hard with the sun in our area. (cosmetically, I agree with your choice though)
The van is too practical, gotta have something that's not.:DD

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is easy to ship a car - and not too expensive during the summer - I'll bet you could buy one from a dealer in MA over the phone and have them ship it to you for $500, or incorporate the cost of shipping into your deal.
I would have done this in a heart beat, but I have a trade.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dick Brooks Honda in SC- will deliver the car to your door and take your trade in- however we have been waiting 2 months for a touring elite - supposed to be any day

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are 0 new Odysseys at the last two Honda dealers I stopped by in the Twin Cities. Not just 0 Touring. 0 of any trim level. Never seen it this bad.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Was getting my '05 EX-L power steering pump replaced (2nd time)...and took a tour of the lot. This is a large dealer (for ABQ)...and they only had about 50 cars on the lot total. Only 4 Odyssey's...and 1 was a Touring.

Pretty thin out there! :dizzy:

biz

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Had some free time today so decided to check up on a local dealer. Saw about 4 ExL, but no Touring or Elite. Asked the sales guy on ordering. He said..."Well, since we are short on inventory all Ody are at least $2K above msrp." I literally laughed OUT LOUD on their show room floor. He then retracted by saying he'll check if they will give me a good deal. It's a great product, but not that great.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Was in my dealer in SW Chicago suburbs this past Wednesday and they had 30 total new hondas on the lot. 1 Ody LX. Sales Mgr said they usually have 325 on the ground at any given time. Amazing.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts