Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed out all the front/rear speakers in my 2019 EX-L with what were the best rated Crutchfield speakers with the highest 90+ sensitivity (since I wasn't going to change out the low-wattage factory head unit). I did *not* change the subwoofer or add an amp.

I have to say the final result is underwhelming, although my mind could absolutely be playing tricks on me because there is no objective way for me to know.

I read a lot on this and other Honda forums how the ANC might try to cancel out any non-OEM speakers because it's not tuned for it, but again, no one seems to have any hard facts besides anecdotes. Is there any sense of whether that plays any role in aftermarket speaker upgrades? If so, wouldn't Honda actively advise against it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don’t have a definitive answer for you, but I did find another post on the forum titled “2011 Honda Odyssey Subwoofer options” (sorry, the system flags my post as spam if I include the actual link)

w w w . odyclub.com/threads/2011-honda-odyssey-subwoofer-options.128756/

Essentially, it sounds like the aftermarket head unit caused the noise cancellation system to act up and they fixed it by disconnecting the microphones to deactivate it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts