Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is day #2 of owning our new 2001 Oddy with all of 50 miles on the meter.

So now I've noticed and am very conscious of a strange type of rumble sound that comes from the rear end of the van when coming to a complete stop or moving off from a complete stop (as you do in really bad bumper-bumper traffic) It almost sounds like the fuel swishing around in 1/2 full fuel tank or the shocks because you can hear it up to a couple seconds after stopping.

Am I just paranoid or has anyone else heard this ? Does the van just need a break in period ?

Please help.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would guess it is the sound of the much talked-about "sloshing" of the fuel tank and probably a faulty rear brake, maybe???

Any way, go to your dealer to complain. There's no harm in doing so, you just may have it fixed - whatever the problem is.

------------------

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. I would never have thought that Honda would let this type of thing continue even now.

I am getting better at ignoring it but geez, I am such a perfectionist I just hate to know that I paid almost $30K to hear that type of sound.

This is such an obvious problem, its just beyond me that the manufacturer wouldn't fix this ASAP. Seems like all they had to do was manufacture the tank with Fins/compartments or some other type of modification to get rid of the problem.

I guess I just don't know enough about tooling a plant to know why.

Thanks again... Forums are they best ! Whoever said the Internet was good for nothing.

p.s. This is my 2nd Honda... my 1993 Accord has been great with 198K on the meter.

:::HONDA FAMILY :::

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone tried to pull up the rear seat and carpeting and spray in some rubberized undercoating and put down a layer of insulation under the carpeting?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts