Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any year and model Accords that have a hub bearing assembly that can be transplanted on the 95 Odyssey?

The ones specifically marketed for the 95 Odyssey are expensive, whereas there market for Accord's are much more competitive - and substantially less cost.

My front right wheel bearing is starting to go bad. About 20k miles ago or so, replaced the front left - just the wheel bearing itself. It was just short of a complete nightmare with hammers and chisels.

So, I'd rather skip the pain and suffering and take a shortcut and just replace the whole damn assembly this time around.

So ... is there an Accord option that fits the bills?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually, I can go the former route and just replace the wheel bearing on the right side itself.

But, I need a good recommendation of a wheel hub bearing press if any of you have had good success with a particular model.

Thoughts and considerations are welcome!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Now im in this mess. I just bought a new Timken front wheel bearing for just under $70 out the door. Opened it and realized i have to find a shop to press out my old center peice with the ribs and then press it into the new wheel bearing. Why couldnt they have just put a new one in the wheel bearing!

·
Registered
64 Posts
whtboy97,
You might want to take at look at this EricTheCarGuy video:

YouTube - ‪Replacing an Accord Wheel Bearing‬‏

He shows how to replace a front wheel bearing on an Accord that is very similar to our 1st generation Odysseys. He doesn't use a shop press. Basically just a hammer, a large socket or similar tool and a dremel.
^ That wont work on odysseys. You will need a press just to separate the hub/spindle from the knucke. Then you will have to press the bearing itself out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
^^yes it does work. Same exact setup as the accord.

Following the YouTube vid that's posted on here. For sure it works.

FYI, if u don't have that tool/some kind of screw he has on the vid to hammer out the hub, use an old axle nut and the diameter is almost perfect wid the hub and then hammer it out. No need for a press

1 - 7 of 7 Posts