Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; it may damage the paint; if brake fluid does contact the paint, wash it off immediately with water.
• To prevent spills, cover the hose joints with rags or shop towels.
• Use only Honda wheel cylinder 6 mm special bolts.
1. Remove the brake shoes.
2. Disconnect the brake line from the wheel cylinder.
3. Remove the 6 mmspecial bolt and the wheel cylinder from the backing plate.
4. Carefully fit the new seal on the wheel cylinder housing.
5. Install the wheel cylinder on the backing plate with the 6 mm special bolt.
6. Install the removed parts in the reverse order of removal.
7. Fill the brake reservoir up, and bleed the brake system.
8. After installation, check for a leak at the line joint, and retighten if necessary.
Check out the link in my signature line below for info on our 2001s...