Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was removing my passenger front tire to replace the rotor and broke a wheel stud. I removed the castle nut on the end ofthe half shaft but can"t pull off the hub. Do I have to disconnect the a-arm,strut,and tie rod to be able to pull the hub off? It seems like the hub would just slide out after the shaft is pushed in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to Auotzone and "borrowed" ( $50 refundable deposit ) the slide hammer and the hub bracket. Once I got home with the tools, I literally had the hub off in less than five minutes. I had read the thread before going to get the tools so I was ready to do it right away. It took only 9 hits of the slide hammer. I then knocked out the broken stud and put the new one in on my vice. I tried the reverse hub nut trick, the one responder had success with, but could not get it to bite. So I took a short 2x4 and placed it between the studs and popped it with a hammer two or three times until the hub was far enough in that the nut would catch threads. I then tightened the hub nut up and the hub went in with ease.
Thanks so much for the help!:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts