Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2011 Honda Odyssey and I'm preparing to put a new set of rims and tires on the fan for the spring / summer driving seasons. I am hoping to move up a size to an 18" wheel but unfortunately I haven't had a lot of luck finding many tire stores in my area that carry the 5x120 bolt pattern with such a high offset. As a result, I have been scouring the internet to find new wheels and tires.

Here's my issue: When I went to several tire stores in my locale, they advised me the 2011 Honda Odyssey must have a 42 to 55 mm offset, hence, limiting my options as there aren't many aftermarket wheels out there with that kind of offset. However, when I search online and visit all the main wheel distributors (tirerack, twg, 1010tires, wheelwharehouse, rimsntires, etc, etc, etc) they all indicate our van can accept a 35 mm to 45 mm offset. Who do I believe? Does it matter?

I have found a nice set of 18" wheels that I like but they have a 40 mm offset but won't order them if they are going to cause issues. Can anyone shed some light on this, perhaps advise of their experiences with various offsets?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I tend to trust tirerack. I think your local guys would just rather be on the safe side. What rims are you looking at? I'd like to move to 18" for summer use as well. I've been looking at the X5 rims but most of them are staggered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts