Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've browsed through the 'post your 1st gen Ody' thread and have come to the conclusion that 17" and 18" wheels look best on our Ody's but I'm concerned with the trade-off...looks vs ride comfort. A little bit about my 98 Ody...it's stock at the moment riding on 15" steelies which as you all know feels nice and comfy. This vehicle will be driven by my wife but she's given me the green light to upgrade the suspension (coilovers coming from Japan) and bigger wheels (undecided). We've had and still have modded cars so we're used to driving with stiffer suspension but never with 17" or 18" wheels.

So, for those of you who have coilovers and 17" or 18" wheels, give me your feedback. I'm leaning heavily towards 18" but am open to whatever. :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
i ride on 17" with 225/45 series tires. it fits me well because i travel from Minnesota to Texas alot and with the krazy negative camber that i have, tires would be cheaper to replace.

·
Registered
221 Posts
IMKuriousgeorge said:
i ride on 17" with 225/45 series tires. it fits me well because i travel from Minnesota to Texas alot and with the krazy negative camber that i have, tires would be cheaper to replace.
Here here. Just bought 17's. Love them, ride is firmer, but not too bad. Bigger wheels are easier to damage as well, due to the heavier weight.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I would have voted for 16"s but.................

·
Registered
205 Posts
posts are no posts without pics! haha, just kidding. Simply put, what is the ideal profile for all around use without changing stock suspension set up if one was running 17's?
Best overall from comfort to performance to aesthetics?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good info so far!

re: 16" vote, sorry but they're so close to stock, I left them out. :p

17" / 18" wheels - for best fitment, what tire size, wheel width and offset fits best without fender rolling? I'm shooting for 1-2 finger gap at most due to bad roads where I live.

·
Registered
67 Posts
here some pics to my earlier post

i like riding 17s give me a bit more meat on the tires and not too expensive to replace.

i know i got bad negative camber and NO im not gonna get camber correction kit. yea i its crazy, but i like how it looks for some odd reason.

·
Registered
930 Posts
BracedEunos said:
17's are where it's at. Just choose a good offset.

Thats nice, clean and simple! Oh and pretty close to perfection for me;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent suggestion and great pic BracedEunos! Side profiles are spot on.

If you post a pic here, please include the following:

-wheel size & offset
-tire size
-spacers required?
-fender rollage?

·
Registered
67 Posts
question for those riding on 20s. hows your exceleration? i had 20s and my exceleration was bad, kinda struggles to get up to 30mpg from a stoplight. im not trying to be speedracer or anything, just asking if it was same with others or was it just me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts